V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
11,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to hundreds of shows. Seen all the "Classic" bands when I was a kid. It's no longer "Classic Rock" it's "Ancient Rock"!

I have a hard time going through that "other" thread. Can't listen to 95% of what is posted in there. Not that I don't like it but I'm just sick of listen to that same ole chit for 35++ years now.

Personally I have to have something thought provoking or new/newer that I haven't heard a million times. In the late 80's I was stuck on old music and skipped about 15 years of new stuff. Around 2000 I'd had enough. I think my first discovery that brought me out of the stone age was Godsmack.

This thread is for Music you listen to released within the last 20 years (or thereabouts).

I'll start with a band I found a few years ago. I had about 8 songs mixed in with my MP3's that play in my car. Every time I heard a song that really caught my attention and I checked, it was by a band named Nailbomb. After I researched them a bit, I found they were the original Cavalera brothers band that went on to become Cavalera Conspiracy and Sepultura. They have a current side project called Soulfly.

Here is Nailbomb...

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
We all seem to have different tastes in music. I agree that some of the entries in that other thread are sort of "lame" maybe, but I am not ready to jump on your headbanging bandwagon yet. This last batch was a little too hardcore for me.

I did like some of the "cage the elephant" songs you posted!

Sometimes I do get sick of hearing the same old same old songs...

rkc

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
I have a live band that is better than most of the new music. Two three year olds bang pots and pans in the kitchen with the garbage disposal on.... shitt I am pretty sure this would top the charts in the "new music" arena. Since their lyrics are better as well!

·
Administrator
11,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We all seem to have different tastes in music. I agree that some of the entries in that other thread are sort of "lame" maybe, but I am not ready to jump on your headbanging bandwagon yet. This last batch was a little too hardcore for me.

I did like some of the "cage the elephant" songs you posted!

Sometimes I do get sick of hearing the same old same old songs...

rkc
Although I do like the heavier music that's not all I like. Here is a band I am going to see in August. You might like these. The second one had a fair amount of radio play in 2004.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Modern music hasn't changed much since the onset of "grunge," mostly about "Let's put on our flannel shirts and boots and be sad."

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
Following are some personal discoveries over the last 5-10 years that caught my attention...there ain't many.

Operator and more recently, Pop Evil. Here's a poke: When is MJK and TOOL gonna get off his/their asses?

---------------------------------------------------------

This is an outta-town band that I heard in a local dive last weekend.

Enjoyed it immensely, since I prefer live gigs over a jukebox or dick (sp) jockey...ptoooey :puke:

·
Administrator
11,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last week at this time I was headed out to a couple of shows. The first one I have posted here a few times before but it was still a great show.

The other show was just plain crazy. ICP. They did a 20th anniversary tour for the "Riddle Box" album. All I can say is if you are adventurous, this is the show to see.

These are from the show....

It's a sticky mess LOL, those are 2 liter soda bottles. They probably went through 40-50 cases that night.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,519 Posts
I was gonna come on here and brag because my mew 'The Rides' CD arrived today. Kenny Wayne Shepherd is young and talented, so I thought Springer would be proud of me.

Alas, I then remembered the band also includes a fossil, Stephen Stills, so I knew Springer would really be ashamed of me.

Damn, I guess I'll just have to turn it up.

joe

1 - 20 of 90 Posts