V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what will you be doing to your scoot next?
Has the recent bad news about the falling economy changed your mind about doing new mods?
Big Joe.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I have yet to do a stage 1. That would be my next mod. I've been waiting until I had the damn thing paid off (almost there). I still haven't decided on an exhaust yet, though.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
I was thinking of washing mine.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
It's a tossup.

Trade in my 2006 Ultra for a 2008 so I can have ABS and a really big gas tank. Or, have one of the local guys build me a nice mild-mannered 124" for it. Or, maybe go ahead and do nothing but put another 15,000 miles on it next year.

My V-Rod could use some sort of a mod, since it's bone stock. Maybe a pipe/air cleaner/remap for spring. Or, do nothing - it's pretty fast as it is already.

Or I might get that new Buell 1125R.

Or do nothing. Doing nothing is usually the least costly option.

By the way, I really like what you did with that Softail. I like the big back tire and the front end on it.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Powder coating the windshield molding mirror black. The screws will remain chrome, and the Road Glide center emblem will stay as is. Sent the pieces off on Friday. Looks a little too 'gold wing' as is..

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Winterize. Just got fork baffle and soft leather lowers. Gotta get some winter garb. Won't be putting cosmetics on time until the temp stays below 35 degrees.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Big Joe said:
So what will you be doing to your scoot next?
Has the recent bad news about the falling economy changed your mind about doing new mods?
Big Joe.

]
Wjat falling ecooomy? Mine will Progressive 440, want to spend my money on something will benifit the bike, performance, handling or comfort.

Eventually braided cables, combination upgrade and maintenace replacement.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think I'm about done. The only thing I'd like to do is get a set of used hard bags and get the painted to match the bike.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Definetly changing from summer to winter air in the tires! :Dennis

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Had a bunch of mods planned for my brand new RG but...

I just found the motorhome I have been looking for for a long time, guess I'll have to stay stock til spring while I pull off the motorhome deal....

Then, trans gear change to 30 tooth, stage1 with sert tune and Supertrapp Supermeg and I'm done with my 08

Being really poor, I have to plan stuff a long time out but I am a patient man!

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
Raked fromt end. probly 14 degrees, 6 over....

Then motorwork before spring - want to stroke it to 89", but that ones not in stone yet...may have to buy the kids Christmas gifts..:wacko:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
I'm open for feedback on this one....

My Metzler 880 is getting a little low on tread and I'll need a new one by spring. I've spent many hours internet searching the Avons and Dunlop Elite III and decided to stick with the Metzler. However, I think that instead of the stock 150 I'll go to a 140 because it has a greater load rating. I'm 225 and the SO is about 140 (an infrequent passenger) and I'm paranoid about flat tires as they seem to be a common occurance in my life. Does anyone have any comments on this? Since it has a greater load rating I put this in the upgrade category.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Famous last words but I really think that both of mine are done.

Ok well I do have a couple of pieces for the NT that have not made it in and gone to the powder coaters, but after those are put on then maybe I am done.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
I want to add the Fatdaddy 18's, 12in bars and if my tax check comes in a nice lump sum I'm adding more HP! :D

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Big Joe, that is a really sweet looking FB. Whose pipes are those? How does she ride with that wide rear tire?

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
One piece Mustang Touring seat and IDS drive for my '07 Ultra. I've got everything else pretty much the way I want it.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
I'm going to do a rear tire mod. I think I'm going to put a duece rim on my old Night Train in place of the 130. I'm still trying to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Would like to get the engine bumped up to 95" or 98". but given the fact that I don't like the stock handlebars, I'll probably change them out for some Wild1 chubbys, braided cables, chrome controls, and ISO grips.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts