V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Cindy Smith - aka cindybear. I own a Yamaha 650 V-star (red). I've been riding for about 2 years now (just a young-un). If you would have asked me 2 years ago if I would ever learn how to ride - I would have laughed and said - no way! But now that I have learned to ride - I love it. The smells of nature - good & bad, the scenery, the folks who ride - all worth it. I have my hubby to thank - you all know him - Fifthgear. I've heard his bike stories from long ago. Well - he got the itch again for a bike. So, the Harley came, and I rode along with him. But I missed not having my own set of wheels so I would not have to be dependent on some one else for traveling fun. So, we shopped around for a bike for me. I'm pretty short - so the options were limited - along with the funds! But I love my Yamaha. I'm still a little skiddish on some things when it comes to crowds. But I hope to eventually be a seasoned rider.

A little bit about myself - Love to party - but can't stay up as late as I used too! If I do - I look like I was hit by a big truck! I love teddy bears.
Fifthgear & I recently aquired a new puppy. A pomeranian. We love that little ball of fluff! Her name is Ginger. I hope to post a picture of us on the site. Anyway - That's my story. Now i just need to get to know everyone. I have to force Fifthgear away from the computer sometime. That - or post here at the office. So - I'll be seeing you guys from time to time. Take Care - :p

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome! I enjoyed reading your post. I wish I could get my wife to learn (or even try) how to ride. Good for you! I'm sure you and fithgear have a lot of fun when you're out riding together.
Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cindybear. Nice story there. You must have one hell of a good husband to see that you have your own bike and take you riding with him. They just don't come any better than that. :D . Post often and have some fun. By the way, what's for dinner tonight?

Oh, and remember what I told you about them all being the same size? Well, don't go into the ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK section.....just trust me on this one. LOL

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
`Well, I should like it to be a little larger, sir, if you wouldn't mind,' said Alice: `three inches is such a wretched height to be.'

`It is a very good height indeed!' said the Caterpillar angrily, rearing itself upright as it spoke (it was exactly three inches high).

`But I'm not used to it!' pleaded poor Alice in a piteous tone. And she thought of herself, `I wish the creatures wouldn't be so easily offended!'

`You'll get used to it in time,' said the Caterpillar; and it put the hookah into its mouth and began smoking again.

Puff :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get to post. Stiff arm 5thgear to get to the computer.:D J.T.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
CindyBear,
Great to have you. I also have a 650 V-Star. It got me back into riding after 15 years. A GREAT bike, and probably the easiest to learn on. I lowered mine about 2 inches with a simple mod and it rides and tracks in the corners like it's on rails. I am hoping to get my wife to move to the front once the RKC gets delivered. I have to convince her first.

Take care and ride safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts