V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While removing the cam plate, the gerotor came off with it. when reassembling, I noticed minor scrapes where the gerotor of the oil pump rubbed against the cam plate. Is this acceptable? Long term I may go with the Feuling oil pump, but how about short term?

I suspect the stealer didn't line up the oil pump evenly when tightening the bolts...any thoughts on this?

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
prophet said:
While removing the cam plate, the gerotor came off with it. when reassembling, I noticed minor scrapes where the gerotor of the oil pump rubbed against the cam plate. Is this acceptable? Long term I may go with the Feuling oil pump, but how about short term?

I suspect the stealer didn't line up the oil pump evenly when tightening the bolts...any thoughts on this?

Someone may want to contradict me on this but I've got two spare cam plates lying around that I bought just for fun and they are all more or less like that. Since the later oil pump has the wavy washer inside and stands about .020 proud of the pump casing before assembly, it will wear on the face of the cam plate. Other than the aesthetics of it, since its sealed up when the cam plate is bolted in, I doubt that it will cause a problem.

I don't really think it was caused by misalignment since it's more of a product of the way the system was designed. The gerotor is going to be rubbing on the cam plate whether it's aligned or not. I agree that you should align the oil pump but every cam plate I've seen has had some scuffing like that.

I'd be more concerned about scoring inside of the casing of the oil pump.

Mr. HDWrench or someone else care to comment?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts