V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a set of 2x1 pipes for my 97 Evo Fuelie bagger..... Anyone have a set installed now?
Too loud to hear your radio? Any problems with install? I am leaing towards the Wht Bros e series or V&H Pro pipe..

I do have a set of Hooker Slip ons that work fine... I just like the look of the 2X1...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had the White Brothers E-Series 2 into 1 on my '98 FLHTC (carb) when I rode from Florida to Wisconsin and back last year. Also had the EV13 cam installed. I could hear the radio, but toward the end of the trip the exhaust noise started getting to me, even with earplugs. As far as 2 into 1's go, though, it is probably one of the quieter ones.

I took it off and put my stock headpipes back on, along with some KhromeWerks HP-PLUS Touring Lite slip-on mufflers. They are a little quieter, most likely due to their tapered tips which directs the sound more rearward, away from the rider. Also, the sound-muffling baffle is very short in the WB pipe, and there is only one. With slip-ons you have two mufflers.

The WB 2 into 1 had noticeably better seat-of-the-pants power and response, especially in the midrange. I did have a slight clearance problem between the front headpipe and the rear brake pedal, but that will be fixed with a blow from a blunt punch. Also, the headpipes and collector discolored very quickly. You can buy heat shields, but if it was me I'd order the pipe black coated directly from WB and forget about the shields. I think it looks cool in black. I still have my WB 2 into 1 and plan to send it out for ceramic coating before I put it back on the bike.

Hope that helped:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Took off my hooker slip-ons for pro-pipe ('02 RG) better performance and not as loud with better ( IMO ) sound.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys...
OldBoy <>>> I remember recommending to you to BUY that 98 Evo Bagger when you were asking for input sometime ago about buying used.
I also recommended the EV-13 Cam which I am again about to put in my current 97 EFI Bagger

ya wanta to sell that e series oldboy ???

Semper fi

·
Registered
354 Posts
USMCTPDOG said:
ya wanta to sell that e series oldboy ???

Semper fi
Nah, I think I'll hang on to it, it's a pretty good performer:D I'm going to send it to HPC for ceramic coating next year.

If you're going to buy one new, I'd highly recommend getting it with the ceramic coat directly from WB, or see if they will sell it to you bare and send it to HPC. The heat shields are expensive and I had a clearance problem between the front shield and the right footboard. I think you can now buy a shield that covers the collector on the pipe, but of course that also costs extra. My pipe blued up pretty bad, both headpipes and the collector. The carb may have been set up slightly rich on my bike however. I guess there are no guarantees when it comes to bluing:(

Anyway, if I had to do it again I'd go with the ceramic coat initially to save $$$ and grief.

Enjoy that Bagger:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts