V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought first bike, Kawasaki 175 Enduro for 649 in 1973. Been riding almost every year since. Have owned Yamaha, Honda, BMW (4), Harley (3) and now have come full circle back to Kawasaki, a Vulcan 1500 Classic. I really enjoyed them all, for what they were, and I've met the nicest people, many of them not riders, while out on a motorcycle.

One thing that is very apparent to me is: the deeper, louder, rumbling- sounding motorcycles lighten up people's attitudes the best. I found it hardest to strike up a conversation when I was riding a BMW, but, when on the Harleys or this Vulcan, it loosens the lips on the majority of people I meet on the street. It's this reason that I think I'll always ride some sort of a V-twin for the remainder of my riding days....and I hope that will be a couple of more decades.

Thanks for hosting forums like this one. It's a great place to learn about your bike, or motorcycling in general.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. 'Tis hard to get motorsickling out of your blood once ya start. Post up often and enjoy.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the V-Twin motorcycle enthusiasts forum.

Read up and get re-enlightened if you want.

Ride on and enjoy.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Western middle South Carolina...kinda like UCLA? (Upper Corner of Lower Alabama) WELCOME, ENJOY!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts