V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Now let me get this straight. This was Jersey and not Mayberry, right?

Patch Holders don't care about this "tour".

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
I guess this doesn't surprise me much. The average non-riding Joe Blow has seen the way bikers are portrayed on TV for years and fear of what he doesn't understand gets the best of him. Sure there is always a chance of something happening at all large events whether it be a football game or Mardi-grais. But the majority of people who go to these events are there to enjoy it and stay out of trouble. It is always a few that ruin it for the rest of us along with the bad publicity that the media loves to slam down viewers' throats to bestow fear in the minds of the gullible. What happened at Laughlin is tragic but it just as soon could have happened in one's own home town supermarket.

Later,

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well said 5th. That's the way it goes.

Man can you believe the weather here? This is gonna be a hot assed summer in Houston!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
100 Anniversary Event

I agree with FifthGear and JimmyK that the average Joe out there can't distinguish between a yuppie rider and a H/A. The events in Laughlin hurt the imagine of all bikers. I can't imagine many patch holders attending the "official" H/D anniversary Open Road Tour. The folks in Jersey are over reacting.

I've seen a number of comments on several Internet sites about a long, hot summer. I have no first hand knowledge about upcoming biker events turning violent. Does anyone have any knowledge about these rumors? Or are they just media hype? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
They can change the stop to Worcester Mass, It would surely be welcomed here after last Spring's HOG rally here. Everybody was concerned with anticipated violence. It turned into a big street party that made many merchants very happy. It also changed a lot of non-riders perspective of the biker.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Typical knee jerk reaction to an incident involving a very small percentage of bikers. But one has to wonder if organizers of other rallies are going to be rethinking their respective rallies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts