V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
So you don't like double D knockers huh? Two mounds of shimmering flesh offer a tempting feast for my eyes. A buffet worth remembering.

tarheel
I have no desire to see any of the women at our DMV in a low cut anything. They've got way too much flesh to show.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
In Indiana we have Appointments. I had an 0845 this morning for a Title Transfer. I arrived at 0840 and walked out the door at 0849. No Complaints here.

·
blipper
5,196 Posts
Texas just got a little more complicated: they're abiding by the Federal identification requirement enacted following September 11th. Certified stamped birth certificate is required for DL renewal. Online renewals are a thing of the past in my state. Not a bad thing IMO. I say it's about dammed time.

But, I hear ya about the man bun Wide. Sheesh, I'm as bald as one these smileys ^rolleyez^ and would not ever wear a man bun even if I were a frickin' Samurai Warrior.

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
Texas just got a little more complicated: they're abiding by the Federal identification requirement enacted following September 11th. Certified stamped birth certificate is required for DL renewal.
All that's required across the Sabine is your old driver's license. I guess they figure you showed your BC the first time and that was good enough.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
All that's required across the Sabine is your old driver's license. I guess they figure you showed your BC the first time and that was good enough.

Sent from here to there.
Same here, but I haven't had a bc since '80 when the house burnt. Probably spent $300 trying to get one online to not get one. All info has to be exacto mundo. Sent $69 to Florida and thought I would have to go to the Tampa courthouse for a bc. I did my SS online and they did the search.whew.

tarheel

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
Same here, but I haven't had a bc since '80 when the house burnt. Probably spent $300 trying to get one online to not get one. All info has to be exacto mundo. Sent $69 to Florida and thought I would have to go to the Tampa courthouse for a bc. I did my SS online and they did the search.whew.

tarheel
Mine wasn't that difficult. Had to get it 2-3 years ago for a passport.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I went to the Sacramento California DMV several months ago for a "Real ID". It took two months to get an appointment. I go there with everything required, as listed on website. I had an original birth certificate from the Air Force base I was born at, that listed my current address on it. I had a pilots certificate and mechanics certificate (technically the FAA does not issue licenses, they issue certificates), both of which had my current address on them. The pilots and mech. cert had a hologram on its face. None of the aforementioned federal docs, were good enough to satisfy proof of residency. I left pissed. Made another appointment. I go to the next appointment with a letter from my dentist. It was not a bill for services and not even on his letterhead. It was unsigned. They accepted it. And, when they did accept it, I had to sign a statement that I provided an additional proof of residency. Obviously, so they could cover their asses. 'Cause they photo copied everything-I think.
In Wisconsin you walk in say I no speak much English, no I have no Id's. They give you a real Id on the spot. Walk in lived in WI 42 years have birth cert, Lic there for 40 years few other forms Military retirement ID . Nope not good enough. Lady that was in front of me got hers the way I first mentioned.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I actually would like to see Florida do inspections on cars. Can you imagine how many old / low income people are driving unsafe cars? Makes me a bit nervous when I'm riding, especially when at a stop light/sign.
Inspection will not stop them. In fact they will ignore it. If they do get a ticket they won't pay it and DA will not go after them. But you they will hang.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Pretty sure if our forefathers drove cars & bikes that they would have written in the Constitution that "Driving is a Right, not a privilege!" HaHa!

The Boston, Watertown and Woburn Registry's that I grew up going to in the 70's & 80's were absolutely lovely. Wonderful smiling helpful employees haha

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Two observations: nobody comes out looking good in their license picture. Secondly, a kid gets up to take his picture w/ his 'man bun' in place. All I can think was that in 5 years, he's gonna regret it!

My first photo D/L , I had a ponytail. Now the half of my hair I still have is 1/4in long!

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
My first photo D/L , I had a ponytail. Now the half of my hair I still have is 1/4in long!
Them that's bald in the front are thinkers. Them that's bald in the back are lovers. Them that's bald in the front and the back think they're lovers.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Having moved to Polk County, Florida 7 years ago I would have to say the guy who runs the DMV here ( Tedder) does a fantastic job... 40 desks at the DMV ALWAYS has a person to help you at EACH one...

I was use to maybe 7 windows with 3 people working them in Oregon... With the RUDEST person being the WOMAN Spanish interpreter... She let you know that you were PRIVILEGED to be helped by her....

I have expressed this to the people working there ( Lakeland DMV) and have been told that Mr Tedder does not want his division to be " typical government"...
It isn't even called DMV, he has a HUGE lighted sign out front ( at least in Lakeland) that says TAX COLLECTOR... Hows that for "honesty"..... NO complaints about my DMV

21 - 32 of 32 Posts