V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna look at a touring anyways after all

this weekend hopefully.

2009 EG has 33,000 on the factory un touched 96,only thing he has done with it was install slip on RH mufflers, guy claims the pics are up to date and I won't be disappointed in it. asking 8k and is right there with that year with others, and is some little wiggle room on it.

It's the 2009 frame and a 6 speed which was what I wanted to upgrade to after I sold my 05 RK last year, but wife had no interest in riding anymore so been looking at my dream of a FXR since but she now has sparked interest in it here and there and so back at looking at a touring again.

Can any of ya guys think of any thing on this year of scoot that had any issue? I can't except look for obvious stuff. I believe the new 2009 year had a good reputation? .

He did have a ABS brake issue recall but he by passed the ABS brain on the fix, dealer said it was gonna cost him for the fix at 900 bucks because he was 6 months pass due on the recall and yadda yadda, but a buddy talked him into doing what he did with the by pass at another dealer, anyone see anything wrong with that? Other than that the ABS light stays on now he says but no brake issue anymore, he's had it for about 6 years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think you'll like it. I like the 96" motor. Have owned 2 (still have one). I did stage 2 on both bikes . They run good.
And that headpipe on the 09 does not have a cat in it. That's a plus.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think you can do much better for your money. I traded in my ‘08 Ultra (purchased new) upgraded to 103 stage II, Rinehart tru-duals, Thundermax, LED lighting, heated grips, gps, new tires, completely dealer maintained with 33,000 mostly highway miles, and limited edition paint with color matched inner fairing. I think that dealer sold it for $8990.
01F1D9F3-5CB9-40A3-881E-226DFA554D15.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
8k for an 09 if clean good price. If you like you can restore abs system. However if experienced rider you can handle it without abs

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I have an 09 FLHX with similar mileage. I love it and will never sell it. The only thing that ever went wrong with mine was the rear brake switch failed and was fixed under a recall. It's the only brand new vehicle I've ever owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts