V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jack ***
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The town salted the roads for the first time last night and it's going to snow a few inches tonight so...

:thumbsdn: :crying:

Hopefully, It will be a nice mild winter and I can get it back out a few times.

Can't wait till March.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
garage?

Seriously, do any other brand of motorcycle owners keep their bike in the house over winter besides Harley owners?

Fred

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Nice...'course I'm kinda partial ta Springers...:D

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Springers are nice, like the lites, the "turnout" and the wheels. All you need is VTF on the screen...:D

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Fred1369 said:
Seriously, do any other brand of motorcycle owners keep their bike in the house over winter besides Harley owners?

Fred
I've had a Honda in the house. Almost all motorcycle riders feel a bond to there bike of some kind. We just feel $15K worth of bond.
Ask around. I've seen a few bikes in the house/basement, that were not HD. To ask, is just ignorant.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
In fact have my Hnda in the House, but never my Harley. Its more a matter room and ability to get it in, then anything. Probablys are turns, you can't turn a bike in to many kitchens.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Don't go there

Luckily I've got a garage where both bikes live so its not an issue. If I didn't I still wouldn't dare bring it up cause the wife would probably want her's inside and mine out in the cold. :crying:

If you've ever seen "Defending the Caveman" he points out that all the manly places we call our own are not in the house (garage, attic, basement, workshop, etc...) :eek:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
If I can ever figure out how to climb steps or jump the hill in back to get to the deck I'll bring mine in...most of the bikes I've had inside were in pieces being modified or rebuilt...

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
I went to a conference once and during the conference one of the guys was told he had to call the hotel immediately. Turns out he had his HD in his room. How he got it there without being seen I'm not sure, but he did.

Well, a pissing contest started because he said he wasn't going to leave his bike outside. Not sure what agreement they reached, but I think the hotel ended up giving him someplace secure to keep it.

It was funny hearing him talk about it because he couldn't understand why they would be so pissed. He had a drain pan under it so oil wouldn't get on the carpet and he figured that should take care of it. I guess he didn't think about the fire department frowning on a gas tank and battery inside the hotel.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
joediver said:
Luckily I've got a garage where both bikes live so its not an issue. :
Actually for me its not a matter of having a garage. I would never live anywhere that didn't have a garage. But still nice to bring it in the house for winter.
When I did it, I had a huge living room. Was nice to be able to work on with it warm.
My dream is a heated garage someday. I got a torpedeo heater, which is ok.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah, feeling your pain, Mike. I too live in NJ (western, near the Delaware). But didn't we have a series of fabulous weekends up until now? Jeez, I was out on successive Saturdays and Sundays for nearly the entire month of November. Let's hope for a couple of lucky days in December. Winter sucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts