V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurkin' in the background for a while, read some of the older posts (learned and relearned a lot!) and decided it's time to make myself be know.

Old fart (been riding for over 30 years, not much the last 10).

Have owned 4 Hondas in the past (sorry......)

Took my wife to Hawaii for a week in the beginning of March, had some extra time so we rented a LowRider for 6 hours. She got pretty much into it and mentioned that maybe I should look into getting a Harley. (Best $99 investment I've made!)

Week and half after we get back and calling most of the dealers in western PA...........I end up with this:

I'm still getting used to the color but I've had a lot of good comments!

A little more riding (already signed up for Beginners and Experienced MSP here in PA), a little more 'tweaking' and LOOK OUT WORLD!.......I'M BACK!

'Younze' (Pittsburgheze) will be hearing from me.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club. I think you'll be quite surprised to see that there are alot of others here who have that exact same red x! It seems to be pretty popular. LOL and again, welcome!
(Now, I think someone said if you enter this site from the main page you won't get the red x's. Let's give it a try!)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yeah, that's the ticket. Nice ride! I too have a color that takes geting used to. It's the purple on the black that gets me. It'll be painted some day. I'm partial to the white with the "Sportster" logo emblazened accross the gas tank. Some friends like to bust me and call it "fuscia" (hope I spelled it right)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
I think the color looks fine. Your bike looks better than mine!

Welcome to the forum and keep posting.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
I have a buddy of mine with a Fat Boy that looks like it has the same paint scheme. It is indeed different but hell, its a Harley! Enjoy the scoot and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum and back to riding LowFlyer. Nice looking bike. Those Honda's where just practice for the real thing.:D

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,LowFlyer!

Congrats on the new scooter,no need to apologize for the Hondas.

You'll like it here,no attitudes.....just a bunch of folks who love Harley-Davidsons!

Lookin' forward to your posts.
guido

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! Lookin' forward to some fun times!

Hey guido, is the face being made because he can't reach the pegs, doesn't want to get off or working on bustin' a big one?! :eek:

C.R.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome Lowflyer, nice scoot you got there. I too had a bunch of H****s:D Hell I started on a '63 Bridgestone 90cc. Enjoy the new bike!
Sheepboy

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome LowFlyer. I think many of us have had Hondas in our past. It only makes me happeir with my Harley. Enjoy your new Dyna and post often...and ride often.

Later,

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
LOL LowFlyer,by the looks of it I'd say the latter...or he just checked out the prices of the 03 models!
guido

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ummmm..........LowFlyer.........not Lowrider ;)

That's okay, I have dyslexic fingers that.....

!semitemos sdarwkacb epyt em ekam.....

:D

C.R.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
guido said:
LOL LowFlyer,by the looks of it I'd say the latter...or he just checked out the prices of the 03 models!
guido
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts