V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it! Hydrate while you Ride, 3.2 Liters of ice cold water, retractable reel and mounts directly to your tank. Hydrate while you keep your eyes on the road. Hydrate Responsibly!

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Thanks! We are excited to be here. Tough times though. Great rides out your way! Smokies are beautiful!
I live on the coast 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach. The spelling is Smoky's and I have been there so many times that I am tired of looking at them. WVA or Ravena, NY will be next. Too bad you don't make the bag sit somewhere else than the tank. Of course the drinking tube location would be a problem. I haven't seen any Harley rider yet that had a tank bag. Your bag is not big enough to block the speedometer, but it interupts the flow of a beautiful full dress Harley.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow we were planning on working the rally at Myrtle Beach next month. Thanks for the spelling correction though its been over 20 years since I've lived on the East coast. I am reminded of the Smoky's and the Blue Ridge Mountains by the pinched nerve in my neck from a heavy helmet I was wearing back in the day. The problem started in the Blue Ridge on some twisty road there...and still gets me now and then. I hear ya about being tired of the area, that's exactly how we feel about Arizona. Like NC there's some beautiful riding out here, but it gets old here. We've done a lot of riding up to Northern Nevada and the Rockies in recent years. In refer the hydration gear, I understand where you're coming from in reference not to many tank bags on the average Harley. Before this gear was developed we never put anything on my tank, only the backseat or on top of the trunk, etc. but there was a hydrating problem that needed solving, I was having trouble dealing with the heat, wether it's the dry heat here or that humidity you have there, and this is the best and most effective way to stay hydrated while riding. The hydration hose (adjusts out to 3 feet) can be secured to an anchor on the hydration gear itself or it can be detached and the carabiner hooked to your jacket, etc. No matter what your favorite way of hydrating is...try and find something that keeps the water nice and cold as the science out there, from the sports performance experts to the US military....drinking the cold water is the best way to hydrate. Sorry for the long response. You live an a classic riding area and we are looking to get out that way either at a rally or on a ride

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
I will think about it. It gets right wam here from mid July to November. Taking fluid pills and other meds can interfere with my equilibrium on 99° days. I have a few of those neck wraps that dips in water. This really helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hear ya... I grew up in NJ and remember the humidity, especially traveling South. I had a rough time working the Sturgis Rally last summer, super humid/hot and rained every afternoon, only to have the sun humidify everything. We set up and Big Al's Swap Shop and it overwhelmed the swamp cooler and fans when the front shop doors opened up.
Take care and ride safe!

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,647 Posts
I'm curious...

How much is 3.2 liters in American?

joe

·
Registered
17,138 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess before leaving stuff the thing with ice and water. Any convience store will sell you an extra large cup of ice from the soda fountain.
I'm curious...

How much is 3.2 liters in American?

joe
Hi Joe...that's just under a gallon of ice water. Almost what men are supposed to be drinking per day anyway especially when out in the weather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess before leaving stuff the thing with ice and water. Any convience store will sell you an extra large cup of ice from the soda fountain.
We've been riding around the country for the past few years with prototypes and demos and have filled up the bladder with ice and water at gas stations all over. Just quick detach the bladder, take it right to the ice dispenser and fill it through the wide mouth fill cap, like you would a soda cup. The cool thing is that the water from the soda fountains is always cold and usually filtered. Though once in a while I've seen signs like 25 cents for cup of ice, I've never actually been charged. When folks see that you're a biker...they just tell ya don't worry about it and to ride safe. No matter what you use when riding...keep hydrating.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,647 Posts
Hi Joe...that's just under a gallon of ice water. Almost what men are supposed to be drinking per day anyway especially when out in the weather.
I guess I'll be looking like a jerk here. Oh well...

Is there a particular reason you couldn't have said it in quarts? For businessmen, it's called knowing your customers. USA is not a metric nation, and we're about 99% of this forum. I, personally, don't like people pushing this one world ruler on us.

Hillcat, is this what you had in mind?

joe

·
Super Moderator
3,109 Posts
Really? The man puts his money up to advertise and support this site and he gets picked apart.

3.2 liters is about 3.5 quarts.
Not that it make a hill of beans worth of @#%$% difference.

For &&&%$## SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way. VTF is not based in the good old USA.

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
I went shopping yesterday and I couldn't find a 3 qt bottle of Sundrop. There were plenty of 219.7 gm bags of tater chips. A box of 388 gm Ritz crackers was needed. Last but not least I bought 9.6 cm X 10.1 cm of toilet paper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We've been riding around the country for the past few years with prototypes and demos and have filled up the bladder with ice and water at gas stations all over. Just quick detach the bladder, take it right to the ice dispenser and fill it through the wide mouth fill cap, like you would a soda cup. The cool thing is that the water from the soda fountains is always cold and usually filtered. Though once in a while I've seen signs like 25 cents for cup of ice, I've never actually been charged. When folks see that you're a biker...they just tell ya don't worry about it and to ride safe. No matter what you use when riding...keep hydrating.
I guess I'll be looking like a jerk here. Oh well...

Is there a particular reason you couldn't have said it in quarts? For businessmen, it's called knowing your customers. USA is not a metric nation, and we're about 99% of this forum. I, personally, don't like people pushing this one world ruler on us.

Hillcat, is this what you had in mind?

joe
Ha that's a great question actually. We use liters as a measurement for the hydration bladders because that's the measurement the entire industry uses. I've been using the hydration bladders/reservoirs many years, since they were introduced to our military and the outdoors industry and liters is how it's always been. We always try to remind folks that our hydration bladder is "just under a gallon". You're right about us not being a metric nation...we've become a mix of both. Pop comes in liter bottles, while milk is in a gallon. On our cars and bikes we have to worry if the part is metric or standard. You're right Joe it can be a pain to figure out.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,647 Posts
Really? The man puts his money up to advertise and support this site and he gets picked apart.

3.2 liters is about 3.5 quarts.
Not that it make a hill of beans worth of @#%$% difference.

For &&&%$## SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way. VTF is not based in the good old USA.
Of course it makes a difference... 3.2L = 3.5 Qt is different from 3.2L = 3.5 pints or 3.5 gallons.

And, by the way, I never said it is.

You think one question is 'picked apart'? I spent money here and got special characters and exclamation points.

joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts