V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have question ? Progressive should be best equipped to answer...
I was given a set of [new] progressive suspension fork springs by a mate of mine..
He bought them for his FXDWG [2010]. Ive put them in my FXDC [2012], didnt cut the spacers down, just fitted them to see how they felt/if they fitted..
I beleive the FXDWG has 2" longer forks [?]. In my bike as described, they feel a bit stiff, and on potholes they sometimes "top out", as in direct opposite of bottom out...
Im wondering how much I should cut the spacers down, with out softening it up too much??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I too have a suspension question.
I just bought an XL1200C 2006 with a sports sidecar fitted. the front forks are riding low due to the weight. Are there uprated springs available to fit or is it ok to make spacers to take up most of the 'pre-drop', thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would like to thank Progressive for the development of the 416 series suspension shocks for the Harley TriGlode.
I just installed a pair on my Trike with the most amazing results ! I have been trying to work with HD to figure out why the ride on rough roads was bottoming out the OEM shocks. I was set at the max of 50# for the OEM's & not overloaded (400# max.) according to their specs. But nothing seemed to be done.
After installing the 416's I dropped to 40# air & went through construction areas today without even starting to bottom out !
Not only does the shocks do great support, the shock portion also works very well!
If anyone out there is thinking of upgrading their suspension May I HIGHLY recommend Progressive Suspension !
The prices are the best in the market for the product you buy! Not only that,,,, IT WORKS !!
Again Thanks !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts