V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the wiesco<sp> pistons for the 883 to 1200 upgrade? I hear that they are the ticket for not having to upgrade the valvetrain..... Just wondering if this is the right move.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wiseco pistons

Gado, I just had these pistons installed in August. My mechanic says he has done a lot of conversions using these and has had no complaints yet. I've only put about 3000km (1800 miles) on the bike since then. Only thing I found is the engine runs hot, but I expected that. It is a long proccess to get everything worn in. I still haven't "paid the Harley tax" although I just put a down payment on it with the purchase of s&s slip on mufflers (not installed yet). I can notice quite an increase in power and what I really noticed was the holding power on a steep down hill. It also sounds different and I can't wait to hear these new mufflers. After the mufflers comes the rest...less restrictive air cleaner and new jets in the carb. Then it will have a few more horses. By the way my bike actually did less spitting and popping after the conversion than before and the carb was not touched. Anyway good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You say that you had the conversion done for you. May I ask how much was the labor for just the bore job on the cylinders? I plan on doing the upgrade myself, and haven't priced machine work yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gado, the machining work cost $495. That should work out to about $310 US. By the way I installed the new mufflers and the bike runs great. It never missed a beat when I had it out yesterday. Nearly froze my ass off though. It sure sounds good now. I have a permanent grin etched into my face:)

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
wiseco big bore kits

had a 1375cc kit (Wiseco by S+S) installed which required some major work. (Along with changes on exhaust, carb and heads) It turned my tame 883 into a mean machine. Rode some 5.000 mls since conversion without experiencing the least of a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
ben
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing