V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode with the ladies this weekend, five of us. Some A$$HOLE in a pickup truck decided to pass all five of us on a solid double yellow line on a blind hill. As soon as we topped the hill, he ripped over (fortunately missing the lead rider) because there was an oncoming car. If I hadn't been so shocked that some FU(KING IDIOT had done that, I would have taken his license plate and reported his A$$. Boy I was ticked. Then to boot, there was a fatal accident involving two cyclists. Our local HD shop had their grand opening this weekend and we ended our ladies ride at the shop. My OM met us there. When we decided to leave, we came up on the wreck on the way home. Apparently, one bike didn't stop in time, swerved so as not to hit a car that had stopped to turn left, he swerved into oncoming traffic and hit another cyclist. The wife was a passenger on the oncoming bike and died and the husband is in critical condition. I don't think the guy on the bike that swerved was hurt badly. Very sad; really wrecks your day.

:(

Please be safe, all of you.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I and many others can relate to what you're saying about all the idiots on the road. I've experienced too many close calls also. I just had a bad experience yesterday. I was so pissed that I "did" call the police. What a waste of time it turned out to be. To make a long story short I was told that if the police officer doesn't see the SH*& happen there is nothing that can be done. The only advise (they call it help) I got was, "stay away or get away from the crazy drivers". I know what I'll do the next time -- I won't be calling the cops.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Always sad to hear these things. In time you will find that if you intend to attend the sort of events that atract large numbers of new riders it's best to either get there real early or after they started, to avoid the bulk of "traffic".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts