V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what is going this morning but the domain name "harleydavidsonforum.com" DOES NOT seem to be working.

In the meantime, use either the IP address 209.151.86.249 or "hogforum.com"

I am looking into it as we speak.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Just an FYI D, maybe can help you narrow the issue down.
This issue started between 9:23pm and 10:50 pm last night.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Cool, I was just on my way to bit(h at our IT guy

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yeah, I tried to get online from one computer by typing the address in. No luck, so I came to this computer and used the "favorite" button.:D

·
Registered
626 Posts
i've been trying to get on all day. i was putting everyones name into google so maybe i can get in some sort of "backdoor" then i saw this in yahoo or something. I actually punched the hell outta my monitor and then got in. I was like "oh, cool!"

·
Registered
543 Posts
LoL, I haven't been able to access the Main Page either, came in to Forums thru my History folder.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Strange!

I was talking to jb in CHAT a few minutes ago.

She was able to access the site via www.harleydavidsonforum.com She said she had problems accessing last night but no problems now????

Hmmm. dp, thought you'd want to know. Don't know if this helps but it's interesting. I still cannot access via h/d forum but no problem with hogforum or accessing from a subscription thread.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Mr. Price, I think some people are on to you:cool: "They" are now just relizing that this is the #1 Harley site on the net, bar none:)

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK HERE IS THE NEWS

I transferred the domain names from ONE registrar to ANOTHER..

The OTHER registrar accepted the changes and charged me accordingly so I thought everything went through without problems...

Well the original registrar sent me an email saying that the transfers DID NOT go through...

so we must wait for the names to catch up along the DNS servers across the internet...could be a few days....

:(

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Phew, what a relief!

Wow!

I thought we'd lost this place.

You know, I thought you know who, had, well... you know what...

Well...

Phew! What a relief!

Never have the phew done so much.....

Well, nice to know we're still all up and running.

Cheers and happy w/e rides...

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks for the update email - it's to wet to ride today, so knowing the issues will make it easier to find the forum (one way or another) !

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:

Still going to be a few days until we the registrars can untangle THEIR mistakes.

You will still see broken links and parts of the site will appear empty. Once the name "harleydavidsonforum.com" re-propogates throughout the DNS servers, it will all be back to normal.

And who knows when this will happen...hopefully soon..

Good news is...the forum is fully functional and thats all that matters! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.