V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We, the pople who like loud muffs and who are fully aware that loud muffs damage our hearing - aren't we a little bit crazy? Isn't this a little bit weird?

Still.....I wote for loud(er) muffs.......so God help me!

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
434 Posts
emirharley said:
We, the pople who like loud muffs and who are fully aware that loud muffs damage our hearing - aren't we a little bit crazy? Isn't this a little bit weird?

emirharley
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

Maybe a little stoopid if you know your damaging your hearing and simply don't care. But hey, do what ya want, just pay for your own medical expenses :yes: No biggie, I've been stoopid at times as well. :coffee:

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sprung said:
Maybe a little stoopid if you know your damaging your hearing and simply don't care. But hey, do what ya want, just pay for your own medical expenses :yes: No biggie, I've been stoopid at times as well. :coffee:

Maybe stupid - maybe yes, maybe no, maybe babe I don't know....

As of "paying for my own medical expenses" - I do not have to pay for anything, since I "belong" to European "medical health insurance system" where we are already insured if we are employed, or if we are students, or if we are retired, or if we are "registered with the employment bureaus", or....... We are not medicaly insured only if we are stupid enough not to be insured. So, the money for medical insurance in the most of European countries (Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Croatia, Bosnia......) is not an issue. You are somehow "automaticaly" insured. You get sick - you go to hospital. But no hospital can help you if you stupid like we are, "the-people-who-like-loud-muffs", that's the truth, you are right!

emirharley
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
260 Posts
emirharley said:
fully aware that loud muffs damage our hearing - aren't we a little bit crazy? Isn't this a little bit weird?
No different than us smokers, I guess.

Or the tubby's that live on fast food.

What about practicing that 'thing' that makes you go blind?:D

BTW- I like quiet pipes. Stealth mode keeps radars down.
Hear no evil, see no evil.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Actually, wind blast is more damaging to your hearing than loud pipes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
wyodude said:
Actually, wind blast is more damaging to your hearing than loud pipes.
BINGO! and thank you. I'm so used to wearing a full face I could not believe how loud the wind was the other day when I went out with my half on. God, I'm getting soft! Hell, even with a full face I use plugs on the road. Truthfully, I love the sound of performance pipes on my Buell and Harleys (some more than others) but, since I generally wear a full face or modular it's the droning in the helmet that gets to me. I came back from a trip to the mountains awhile back on the Buell. I was running a wicked, bellowing, Special Ops pipe that sounds oh so good, but the droning got in the tight fitting Arai I was wearing and it drove me crazy when I didn't have twisties to keep me occupied. :chopper:

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I agree, the web site is great, really like the Harley sound download, not a "fake kicker".
Nicky

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
emirharley said:

emirharley
WHAT!?!?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

But then, I get to blame the military for being mostly deaf. Listening to static, trying to hear druggies doesn't help a persons hearing too much.....

Retired, I've used the plugs before, they work good, they block most of the wind. I don't think I'd be able to hear my stereo then though.....

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Sprung and nhrafan55. I am glad you like our web site.

Best

emirharley
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Foamies

An idea if you're going to wear the foamie ear plugs.

Since most of them are a lovely shade of green or orange, and chances are, your bike and nail polish is black. They clash! Unless your hair is long enough to cover them up.

There are plugs that are the color of skin. to match your ears, not your earings. Most people don't even know you're wearing them. The ones I tried at Walgreens seem to do ok.

Tim:whistle:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Retired_Ted said:
Wear foam earplugs - you'll still hear the engine, but, your ears will survive.

I'm with you Ted. I bought a bottle of them (200 pieces) at the local pharmacy for a couple of bucks.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sorry to dissapoint you, but this Thread, these Posts and as well as myself have nothing to do with Yugoslavia. Neither you Americans, apart from that that you did the air strikes, thank God.

--------------------------------

Wyodude, are you sure about that "wind/wind blast thing" ? I mean that the wind blast is more dangerous to our hearing system than the sound of the loud mufflers?

emirharley
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
5 Posts
loud pipes

I too love the sound of a well tuned h-d with loud pipes but live in country.Just remember when you rattle the windows in town at 3 am the noise Natzis can hear you too.We will probably see the day blah blah blah shut the **** up countershaft the voices in my head says its time to go.have fun be safe and ride like the devil dog is on your ass!!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I am on the stand point that the loudest mufflers can be quiet if you control the throttle. The only problem is an engine start.

emirharley
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light