V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
The OL, who hasn't ridden in over 20 years, decided a while back that she wanted to ride again. Today, we finally found a bike for her.
95 XL883 converted to 1200, 16000 miles, lots of chrome and nice paint. $5800.
We travelled 100 miles to look at it and a couple of others, I rode it home and all I can say is WOW, this thing is a rocket. It will easily put my Heritage to shame. I haven't ridden a sportster since 1988 and had forgotten how much fun they can be. Methinks we may be doing some arguing over who's riding the sporty to work!!!

Teu

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Yes you are lucky. Tried to get my wife into a sporty...no-way. She likes riding on the back of my Low Rider too much...oh well, she still likes being on top. :bleh:

Thorns

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Very cool. A common hobby for you and her. I wish I could teach Olive to ride.

last time she got on the back of the wrong bike (BLUTOS)

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
From another Sporty rider, I offer my congratulations. I love these lean, mean agile bikes. Not knocking big twins, because I would love to own one of those, too. But I love my pre-rubber-mounted Sportster, vibes and all.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MadCity said:
From another Sporty rider, I offer my congratulations. I love these lean, mean agile bikes. Not knocking big twins, because I would love to own one of those, too. But I love my pre-rubber-mounted Sportster, vibes and all.
The vibes could be a big part of why she likes it so much:hystria:

Teu

·
Registered
635 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
Very cool. A common hobby for you and her. I wish I could teach Olive to ride.

last time she got on the back of the wrong bike (BLUTOS)
You just need to "oyl" her up in all the right spots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts