V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonder if there are any problems with use of WD-40 as an all-purpose lube, such as for brake pedal bushings, clutch lever pivot, etc? When I say 'use,' I mean small amounts, not soaked! Thanks.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
OneBlackFly said:
Just wonder if there are any problems with use of WD-40 as an all-purpose lube, such as for brake pedal bushings, clutch lever pivot, etc? When I say 'use,' I mean small amounts, not soaked! Thanks.
To make your clutch smooth install an easy clutch (cheap after market part) and then squirt some dry ease down the cable working the clutch lever. It will be easier to work than a hydrolic clutch (no kidding) if you do it properly. My clutch is like butter and it is all from doing what I stated.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think the name WD-40 is from its creation process. It was the 40th attempt at a formulation for an agent of "water dispersion (or displacement)".

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
You don't want to mix it with grease because it will dissolve it. Not good for bearings and such, but great on removing adhesives.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fatb0y said:
To make your clutch smooth install an easy clutch (cheap after market part) and then squirt some dry ease down the cable working the clutch lever. It will be easier to work than a hydrolic clutch (no kidding) if you do it properly. My clutch is like butter and it is all from doing what I stated.
Do you have a link for dry ease? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Sprung said:
I think the name WD-40 is from its creation process. It was the 40th attempt at a formulation for an agent of "water dispersion (or displacement)".
@gree: that's it

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
WD 40 is good for washing contaminants off of parts. It will float oil away, and dirt. Its specialty is the displacement of moisture. It is no good as a lubrancnt

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
OneBlackFly said:
Take your favorite tie with the stain in it and soak it in the WD-40. Hang the tie up and then you will have a very clean tie.%[email protected]

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I'm starting to like the lithium grease spray. It's a little messy, but stays on longer than most spray lubes I've used.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
Sprung said:
read that in the back of handyman magazine too, huh.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
I got away from WD40 years ago because I felt it was causing parts to rust quicker. I started using Amsoil's MP. As the label indicates it's a metal protector. It works great!!

o~\o

1 - 17 of 17 Posts