V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am about to wash and wax my bike for the first time and I wanted to ask your advice.
What do you reccomend for washing and waxing? Just normal car wash soap?
Also for waxing I have a bottle of Zaino, that is a car show wax. it is really good, maybe the best for cars but i don't know for bikes.
Any help?
Thanks a lot and I hope I see you on the road.

G

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I hear that Zaino is good stuff, just like the Liqui-Tech I use.

Just use something really soft to wash the bike, ideally a microfiber cloth, with plenty of water, the new paints seem to be very soft for the first 6 months or so. Any car wash is OK, I use Blue Coral from Wally's that's like 4 bucks a gallon, but whatever is cheapest any given day works.

Normally you would use a pre cleaner made by the same company as the wax, to get whatever the dealer used to detail the bike off it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hippo

Hippo, thanks a lot. I do have a pre cleaner gloss solution from Zaino to apply before the wax.
Thanks for the advice.

G

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just went through this with my new Electra Glide. Kept reading about Zaino, so I tried it. Must say, it's the best I've ever used--very deep look to the shine. I used three of their products: Z1 for the undercoat "lock", Z3 for plain paint, and Z6 Gloss enhancer. Did two coats of the Z3 & 6. Cost $30 for all these, but I'm sure there's enough to last for as long as I have this bike.

BTW, the Zaino Bros. website has step by step instructions.

Enjoy your shiny new ride!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Ok, now you HAVE to post a pic of the scoot when you're done. I think it is some kind a rule here. If it is not then I move that it be so. ANYONE HAVE A SECOND TO THE MOTION?:eek: ,,,,,,,An Amen?:confused:

Ok ok sigh
Was supposed to meet the LW here at 3:30 and go for a ride. BUT HELL NO! She is still at Wal-Mart spending my money. LOL!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Motion granted

Don't we need just three?

It settled.....(burp)

That Smirnoff Ice tastes pretty good chasing with Hennessey

Oh...how about them Sooners? Mens and womens..Final Four bound baby!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Wax On-Wax Off

Zaino is sooooo simple.

ZFX now replaces Z1. ZFX is a fast cure for Z2. Mix ZFX & Z2m rub on paint & chrome, rub off. Its that simple. Did my whole bike in less than an hour. Then you use the Z6 to spit shine. Stuff is awesome. I did 3 coats on the pearl white, very nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wax on Wax off

Folks, thanks for your suggestions.

During the week end I used Zaino to wax my bike and I have to agree with flycasterjoe; it' is soooo easy to use and it works great.
I used Z1 and Z2. Z2 is very very easy to rub off once it dries up.
I have to try Z6 now.
This stuff it's definitely worth the money.

See you on the road

G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts