V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of different opinions out there, i know, on this topic, but I’ve used most of the products out there and would just like to give my rating for those who are confused and unsure of what to use. Top list (in my opinion)….

1. Crystal-Glo

Pros…Awesome shine, deep finish, good protection, long lasting, quick and easy, decent priced, no residue on trimmings, easy to buff off.

Cons…Hard to find. Not enough products – need a spray polish/detailer for in-betweens.

2. Zaino

Pros…Great shine, nice finish, good protection, lasts long, no residue on trimmings, easy to buff off.

Cons…Too many steps, takes up a lot of time. Gets expensive for the total treatment.

3. Maguires NTX Wax

Pros…Good shine, easy to use, pretty quick, easy to get a hold of.

Cons….Doesn’t last long enough, wax dust, especially when using a buffer. Leaves residue on crevices and trimmings. Haven’t had the best experience with other Maguires products – mediocre.

Of course, other factors come into play, like bike colour, and just plain old preference.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
just took the 3rd coat of Zaino off the bike tonight. There is nothing better than Zaino. Take a look at Guru Reports on this one. Once you do Zaino the first time, it takes nothing more than puting it on over night and taking it off in the morning. What more can you ask for?

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
fxdl raw said:
it takes nothing more than puting it on over night and taking it off in the morning. What more can you ask for?
Why are you waiting overnight? If the humidity is moderate, the Zaino should be dry and ready to remove in under 1 hour. If you use the ZFX accelerator, drying time is reduced to about 1/2 an hour.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I would just put it on before I go to bed at night then take a few minutes in the morning to wipe it off. Just old habit I guess. Funny thing is if you read the literature they say wait 24 hours, the bottle says 3 hours, and the packing slip says it should be dry in an hour.

Bottom line is, I love the stuff and it works great, albiet a little expensive. However, a little bit goes a long way so I think it really balances out plus you do not have to rub it on like paste wax. You just apply it in a very light coat and let it dry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fxdl raw said:
just took the 3rd coat of Zaino off the bike tonight. There is nothing better than Zaino. Take a look at Guru Reports on this one. Once you do Zaino the first time, it takes nothing more than puting it on over night and taking it off in the morning. What more can you ask for?
I used to think the same thing. In my experience, nothing is better than Crystal-Glo so far. Seen the Guru report, but thats only one source. These guys have a whole bunch, check it out http://crystal-glo.com/usa/bike/reviews/ Can't argue with that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Zaino is a good product, no doubt..but it is one of many. I have never used Crystal-Glo simply because the auto detailing forums do not give it good reviews. Guru Report..do a search...I believe I read were they were sued.

That being said....the majority of bikes we do are with Werkstatt products.(had a first place winner at Music City Bike Show)
Also in our line up is FK1 and Menzerna/Blackfire products.

Bottom line is..If it works to your satisfaction use it. Since we are getting paid we are held to a different standard so we stay away from any product that will just cover up defects..ie glazes/fillers.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Mequiars Tech Wax

I haven't tried the Zaino. :spank: I picked up the Mequiars a couple years ago, used it on a black bike. Very happy!

Goes on easy, comes off easy, about $13-14 for a tub of it at Wally World. It gives a "deep" shine compared to one of the other carnauba waxes I used in the past. It seems to fill in small scratches(from buffing) pretty well too. Seeing the info above about Zaino, it dries right away so I don't worry about the time issue.

I'll give it a light coating every so often during the season to touch it up but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
reno_nv said:
......3. Maguires NTX Wax

Cons….Doesn’t last long enough, wax dust, especially when using a buffer. Leaves residue on crevices and trimmings. Haven’t had the best experience with other Maguires products – mediocre. .....

I've had good results with Meguiars NXT products. I have not really noticed a wax dust problem or crevice residue, although I wax by hand and don't use a buffer on my bike. My bike is just ridden (no shows), so I have not had experience with those products that would give a show bike the extra edge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have used Liquid Lustre for years. My uncle turned me on to it and he restores old cars and uses this product on very expensive paint jobs. I also use Eagle 1 Wet wipe and shine for the between washing and detailing. My bike is scratch free after 40,000 miles.
Good luck with your choices!

www.liquidlustre.com

Have a Great Day!

harleyboy63401

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
reno_nv said:
A lot of different opinions out there, i know, on this topic, but I’ve used most of the products out there and would just like to give my rating for those who are confused and unsure of what to use. Top list (in my opinion)….

1. Crystal-Glo

Pros…Awesome shine, deep finish, good protection, long lasting, quick and easy, decent priced, no residue on trimmings, easy to buff off.

Cons…Hard to find. Not enough products – need a spray polish/detailer for in-betweens.

2. Zaino

Pros…Great shine, nice finish, good protection, lasts long, no residue on trimmings, easy to buff off.

Cons…Too many steps, takes up a lot of time. Gets expensive for the total treatment.

3. Maguires NTX Wax

Cons….Doesn’t last long enough, wax dust, especially when using a buffer. Leaves residue on crevices and trimmings. Haven’t had the best experience with other Maguires products – mediocre.

Of course, other factors come into play, like bike colour, and just plain old preference.
I use the Crystal Glo also. Works great. For a detailer I use the Maguirers Final Inspection #34. It works better then any other that I have used over the years.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Acrylic polish/wax is it a problem?

I see people talking about crystal glow, etc. Didn't they use to say this Acrylic stuff over the long hall cracks/spiders clear coat? I remember NU-Finish was great, but then I thouhgt I read some where this is what happens???

·
Banned
41 Posts
webbikeworld.com does a lot of comparison testing and reviews of almost everything. there is a section on waxes and chrome polishes for more info.

·
Banned
871 Posts
S100

S100 does not leave ANY white residue and looks great! It's very hard wax, too.

I used to use Maguirer's on my '66 T-bird and it worked well. Since I tried S100, I'm sticking with it, instead. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts