V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year i developed my eyes watering and the wind brothering my face. i have the biggest windshield harley makes for my FXD. i have never used a full face helmet. i grew up on open face buckets and in wis. we do not have a helmet law. so tell me what works, and does it take a long time to get used to a full face one. i have tryed googles but with eye glasses to see and a wind sheild it seems like ther is too manney lenses to see threw.so what works?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Re: Watery Eyes.

slamin sammy,

Just before my crash last year, I was having the same problem with the watering eyes while on the scooter. I tried the full face like you, but it was a no go for me.
Usually my eyes would water if sun screen would get into eye area, but this was becomming full time riding problem. Took a quick trip to eye dr. for scheduled eye exam, that took care of problem when new perscription glasses came in.
My answer may not work for you, but it might be worth a try if this is something that has started recently.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Panoptx makes a line of awesome "windless" sunglasses. I think most HD dealers carry them, but they are also available in better sporting goods stores. Great optics and frame, soft foam "gasket" and buffered venting. Lots of frame/lens combos to choose from. Expensive, but worth it. I use a pair for snowskiing and they don't even fog up.
Good luck,
Roger

·
Registered
71 Posts
I suffer the same thing. The prescription sunglasses are great, but will run you $300 or so. They are the wraparound type, which do the most for wind resistence. My eyes tear really bad whether I am on two wheels of out on the lake fishing.

Companies like Costa Del Mar will make you a pair, but like I say... it'll cost ya. For me, a pair of shades is all I want to wear cruising in town, but for a trip I put my full face helmet on. Nothing worse than wearing every bug splat on my face when I show up at my destination.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also use the Panoptx windless eyewear, "Raptor Varia". They have several models and lens variations. They are a little pricey, but what price safety? You can also special order them with presription lenses if you need them. Check with your HD dealer or a good sporting goods store for more info. The Panoptx web site is www.panoptx.com

Ride safe and sober

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a windsheild and half-helmet and use goggles. Sun glasses never really worked for me on long rides, but a cheep $19.00 pair of goggles did the trick. Don't know what brand mine are cause they are so cheap they didn't print the name on the side, but you can find them anywhere biker apparel is sold. Mine came with 3 interchangable lens clear, gray,and amber.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Sun Glasses

I use the panoptx viper in the varia lens. I have an eye disease and these are by far the best investment for riding if you're looking for sunglasses in a goggle style. I use the maui jims when not riding.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wiley X

I use the Wiley X SG1 they come with 2 lenses...smoke and clear...89.00...they also have a foam gasket...Use 'em for skiing too...
Seems to work well...
If you want the web site link...let me know...

·
Registered
108 Posts
PERSCRIPTION GLASSES

Any hints for us that have to wear perscription glasses.The full face helmet is O.K. for long highway rides but in the city I really don't care for it.Goggles for me are uncomfortable. I'm was going to try an HJC SYMEX helmet, in the city you can flip up the entire front, not just the visor.Anyone tryed one yet? I'm going to check out Panoptx.
THANKS

B

·
0 Posts
It all depnds on what you're used to I guess. I wear prescription glasses and use a full-face lid all the time, city or highway. In the city I keep the screen open a tad if I get fogging at lights, not a big deal.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help

Hey guys thanks for the help i also have to wear prescription glasses, so i think i will try some of the web sites you gave. and we will see how much info i can get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts