V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took a ride to look at the 03 bikes down on water street in Milwaukee. welllll I liked the new mirrors, cd players not my cup of tea, the silver paint looked like primer, the blue looked like paint that faded in the sun. the seats with the emblem built in I don't know the emblem was cool but I like the pillow look seat. The big emblem on the gas tank I guess was ok. The one thing I thought was cool was on the big tour pack trunk they had a nice 100th emblem and below that it said 100 years of motorcycles, all in all I didn't see anything that would make me want to buy an 03, the band was playing black sabath so it wasn't a total waste of time. safe riding rickpoco

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I was UNDERWHELMED with the '03 models. At least I have a good reason to NOT purchase a new bike this year.

What a bunch of disappointing bikes. The 95" is not standard. There is no expanation of the VRSC family. IMHO, the new models have NOTHING really outstanding about them. (Remember the buzz last year when the V-Rod was introduced?) 'sorry, I don't buy bikes based upon "cool" emblems on the tank (I admit it looks nice but I won't buy for that reason).

Well, H/D will probably sell out all the '03 models and the stealers will jack $2-5K on top of msrp. Good for them. I just won't buy one. :(

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I really expected a lot more after all it is 100 years which is quite an accoplishment for any company. Harley has always been a very cautious and conserative company, I was hoping they would come out with an xr 750 or a repro of an early knuckle or pan head with a kick start and one of those piston seats.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
From a Corporate perspective they were quite smart. When you can put out a line of bikes, that sure as hell will sell, yet introduce very few modifications over the previous year, hell that's big time "CHA-CHING!" in the bank.

From a manufacturing perspective they are continueing to reap profits from casts and set ups that have already paid for themselves time and again. That is smart business and quite unique to Harley.

The emblems and crap like that is just a bunch of hype and there are plenty of folks that will be drawn into "the family" Bla HahahahahYeaRight HA! because of them and the 03 glitz and glitter that will sure as hell hit.

If for some reason I decide I need a new bike in 03 then maybe I'd look but not because it was 03.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like what they did with the CVO Deuce.. The paint is a bit sketchy, but
its got sweetness written all over it..

Hey Calvin3, what's the deal with that dual front disc setup? Can I buy what I need from the 03 catalog to make mine dual disc? That would be awesome.. The braking on my deuce right now is less than desirable.
At least in the front, anyway.

Overall, not too exciting.. Should be some cool 03 add ons in the catalog.. When does that come out?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That CVO Deuce is probably the best bike for 03. Yeah that dual disc is cool. I hope its in the new P&A catalog. I will be able to see the new catalog when everyone gets back from the show. Thats if they stole one for me! Last year when I went to L.A. they weren't giving out P&A catalogs. I saw a loose one sitting on top of a display so I took it and stuffed it into a bag. Most dealers have to wait for there shippment to come in. I didn't see it on the HD website but I really didn't look closely. I just went on there copied all the bikes and posted them on our site. Thank you HD :D

calvin3

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Which Disaster is that?

at least it looks like they aren't repeating the '02 V-Rod disaster.

The fact that they caught the attention of the entire industry, or the fact that they sold every bike, or is it that they built the finest v-twin engine ever built? Exactly which disaster are you referring to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.