V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in a while, but i"ve been hanging around reading. I have a question I hope someone could help me with. I put new air cleaner and exhaust on my Heritage the other day. well, I was getting started on rejetting when I noticed a gas leak that turned out to be a torn accellerater pump diaphram. Well I don't have a new diaphram yet so for the time being I changed out the slow jet and put it all back together minus the torn diaphram. After I was done I found a small flat metal washer laying on the ground under the bike. The washer is very small,It looks like it could slip over the slow jet,but I know that the slow jet does not get a washer.The washer may not have even came from my bike but I not sure. Does anyone know where this washer may have come from? All I did was remove the float bowl,changed out the slow jet,took the accellerater pump apart on my workbench,and reinstalled the float bowl. The carb is the stock CV-40.Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
nimrod said:
I haven't posted here in a while, but i"ve been hanging around reading. I have a question I hope someone could help me with. I put new air cleaner and exhaust on my Heritage the other day. well, I was getting started on rejetting when I noticed a gas leak that turned out to be a torn accellerater pump diaphram. Well I don't have a new diaphram yet so for the time being I changed out the slow jet and put it all back together minus the torn diaphram. After I was done I found a small flat metal washer laying on the ground under the bike. The washer is very small,It looks like it could slip over the slow jet,but I know that the slow jet does not get a washer.The washer may not have even came from my bike but I not sure. Does anyone know where this washer may have come from? All I did was remove the float bowl,changed out the slow jet,took the accellerater pump apart on my workbench,and reinstalled the float bowl. The carb is the stock CV-40.Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for any help.
I've never seen any small washers in the bottom of a CV, the only thing that I can think of is the small washers sometimes used to shim the jet needle.....Bill

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, there are the needle shim washers and I believe that the idle mixture screw has a washer also. But my needle jet dosen't have those shims and I didn't remove the idle screw.Thanks nauipro. Hopefully the washer was just a stray from something else.

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
sure its a washer? There is a small o-ring in the accelorator pump.

Its flat, not rounded. Thats all I can think it would be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts