V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it void the H-D warranty if I do my own maintenance and servicing?

I'm going to be bringing in my '02 FLHTCI to the dealer for the 1,000 mile service and stage-1 soon, and I had a question -- can I do all of the servicing myself after this service, or does H-D need to get the bike every 5,000 miles in order to maintain the warranty? I paid for the 7-year warranty, and I don't want to blow it...

I have put together a maintenance record book and I could record all of the service and maintenance recommended by the service manual, and could also keep the receipts there.

Any input appreciated -- what has your experience been?

Thanks,
Mitch

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback...

Hippo,
I think you summed it up when you said:
"No matter how you look at it, if you have to work for your money, you are between a rock and a hard place, unless you have a lot of time and want to argue all the time.

I know what the right answer is for me, but I don't know what it might be for you."

I think I might just have H-D do the servicing, and see how that goes...I think that might minimize hassles should I need to use the warranty.

Mitch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.