V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Legally the dealer has to prove that any malfunction was caused either by lack or improper maintenance.
The problem is that most dealer service personnel (as opposed to dealers) will go to quite some lenght to avoid doing warranty work if at all possible, as long as they have customer pay work available. It is a little easier to get work done under an extended warranty, but not much.

The problem with the new EFI bikes is that sooner or later you will need the dealer for something, wether you have to pay for it or not, as there are virtually no independent shops with the information and equipment to work on some parts of these bikes.

No matter how you look at it, if you have to work for your money, you are between a rock and a hard place, unless you have a lot of time and want to argue all the time.

I know what the right answer is for me, but I don't know what it might be for you.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Thing is we don't live in a perfect world. You show that stuff to the guys at a Harley shop and they laugh you out of town.

I have seen this stuff for 30 years from both sides, and granted that I'm a professional asshole with a bad attitude, but when I was in business and someone approached me this way I always told them that my attorney's were better then theirs.

Trust me, it's much better to fly under their radar screens then argue with them. Smile a lot and play dumb. Less stress is good.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Sure, but you suck them in long enough while documenting every step that even a braindead jury will have to rule in your favor.:D :D

Once you have the goods you will not even need the jury or a lawyer for that matter, unless they are total dumbasses.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Read my post again, it is not really the "dealers", but those paid on comission in dealer service departments. It is the system that has major flaws, more then anything else.
The few good techs are way underpaid and the cost of service is so high because service departments are bloated with unproductive positions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.