V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to ride off on my 92 fatboy with a padlock in back disc, warped it. have a spare front and want to know if i can fit it instead of buying a new rear

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
bonnie john said:
tried to ride off on my 92 fatboy with a padlock in back disc, warped it. have a spare front and want to know if i can fit it instead of buying a new rear
The part numbers are different - that however doesn't mean it won't fit, as the difference may only effect form (cosmetic) and not function.

In 1991 the front brake disk(s) part number is 44136-84A which indicates the part was in use since 1984. In 1992 the part number became 44136-92 - I don't know what the changes were.

The rear disk in 1991 was 41791-79A indicating the part first was used in 1979. In 1992 the rear disk became 41789-92. Again, I don't know what the changes were.

The HD catalog always shows a different PN between front and rear .

Sorry, not much help.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
bonnie john said:
Not to make light of a bad move I've nearly done, but gives new meaning to the term "warp speed"... I couldn't resist.LOL

My disc lock is a neon orange color and I've still forgotten about it.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Different hole pattern and hole size. You need a different rotor Front and Rear.
Front P/N 44136-92
Rear P/N 41789-92
May not be able to get them any more. May have to go to aftermarket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts