V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have DTT wego and SERT software do not have WEGO active when you try to flash your ecm with SERT. It will corrupt your ECM memory and require a dealer reflash to repair it. Don't ask how I know this.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had the wego program minimized but active and I then tried to flash the ecm . It died with an error 1080. The VIN number showed OK but the cal. ID showed as a high order graphic set of characters. The classical "Garbage" I was unable to sucessfully flash it after this. The message said to take it to the dealer. $200 and a trip of 260 miles later all is well. Both programs use com1 , I think this is where the problem comes in. It's not the hardware interface. Just don't have the wego softeare active when you fire up the SERT softeare.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cliff,
I soldered directly to the emc connector (disconnected from the ecm) and used the supplied weatherproof connects at the other end. I used TPS and RPM power and ground. It is a slick setup. Worked great until I failed to cancel the wego program and tried to flash the ecm. My bike is running better and better after each flash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.