V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Heritage with, 95" stage ll, 203's, Pro-pipe, and A V&H Fuel PAK. I'm having my heads ported and I'm changing my cam to a TW31G. So I called V&H for a new map. They call me back and said they no plans on supporting any stage ll mod's. I replied back saying their head Tech "Bruce", indicated when I bought the stupid thing they would support any of my future mods. All this Tech could say was "sorry". That's a fine how-do-you-do! Now I'm left high and dry. So for anybody considering the V&H Fuel Pak, "RUN,DON'T WALK, RUN", don't believe a thing those incompetent people have to say. Love their pipe...hate their service!

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Dump that piece of $hit on e-bay and get yourself a Power Commander or even better if you have the scratch a Terry Components closed loop system. You'll probably get some suggestions to get a SERT but unless you like to tinker or have the rare and hard to find SERT tuning guru in your area you'll have better luck with one of the others. The Terry comp. unit looks like the hot ticket now since it will tune itself in 50 or so miles. This way you never pay for dyno time and you can change anything on your bike and get it tuned in an hour of riding.

Joe

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
I agree that getting rid of the Fuel Pak is the thing to do.

While a closed loop system is better then an open loop system, it is not the end all of tuning. It only effects the air fuel mixture and anyone who's had their bike dyno'd knows that that is not all there is to tuning a bike. If you tune your 88 inch motor and then do a 95 inch build, you are going to have to do a retune. Changing the air fuel mixture isn't going to do it, but it is one of the things you need to do. Plus, SERT tuners aren't that hard to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts