V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on how much it might cost to ship a bike from CO to SE NC. The links to shippers that y'all have used would be helpful. Everything hinges on these $$.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

· Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive used these guys. https://haulbikes.com You're not going to like what they charge.
So I filled out the form for a guesstimate because I put more than a few question marks. I thought of going to get it, but I can't get that kind of time away from home. Maybe my wife could die, then I could go. I could send my son, but he is a broke Esso bee and I would have to pay his way out and back and he is the one who would own the bike. Shipping might be cheaper.

· Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They'll send him several options....last time I used them it took a week to get the BMW from Cali.
I don't care if it takes 2 weeks as long as it gets here. There are bikes here to ride. The cost is the deciding factor or maybe not. I have wanted a side car since I rode with a fella from CA for awhile that had a Harley rig on the BRP in 76.

· Registered
2,995 Posts
I don't care if it takes 2 weeks as long as it gets here. There are bikes here to ride. The cost is the deciding factor or maybe not. I have wanted a side car since I rode with a fella from CA for awhile that had a Harley rig on the BRP in 76.

Are you shipping a sidecar ,bike or both?
Sidecar alone would need to be created the shipping is not that bad

· Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I had a sidecar back in the 70's. Put thousands of miles on it. Had it up Mt Washington and had also catapulted my wife out of it on a wet night approaching Boston. Left hand turns were firm, right hand turns you could float it much to the surprise of the passenger..

· Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you shipping a sidecar ,bike or both?

Sidecar alone would need to be created the shipping is not that bad
Well I have decided to buy it and get him a cashier's check in the morning. I have to fabricate the upper bar for the hack and it might not be worth the shipping, but I am going to make a go of it. I shall lean on Smitty for info, but I think he enjoys helping the nuts.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.