V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted new SERT with the newer software to support 2006 models. Unit has to be new that hasn't been hooked up and married to bike. email me at [email protected]

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
EVLTWN said:
wanted new SERT with the newer software to support 2006 models. Unit has to be new that hasn't been hooked up and married to bike. email me at [email protected]
You might have less of a wait by going with either a Terminal Velocity II with one O2 sensor or a www.daytona-twintec.com ECM with dual O2 sensors. Both systems will tune the bike for you without a dyno. The Daytona-twintec does allow you to do more tuning if you wish on a dyno. The TVII does not.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
wkohn said:
Both systems will tune the bike for you without a dyno.
You need to do some more research on these systems. The info you have is way off. They do not tune your bike. They just adjust the air/fuel mixture. Nothing else. Tuning a bike is ALOT more then just the air/fuel mixture. That is where a SERT comes in...

As for getting one... good luck... I'd contact a dealer and sit and wait like everyone else... You could also just buy the 'D' version of the SERT and then order the 'G' version of the software and be done with it. The hardware is the same between the 'D' and the 'E' versions of the SERT. The only difference is the software/maps. Good luck...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Petrock:

When you get a chance look at the Daytona-Twin Tech system again. It does allow full tuning if you buy the Twin-Tech II with their replacement ECU and dual O2 sensors. There also is a "add-on" set of components at a lower price that will interface with the SERT and specifically identify which cells need changing based on the loggin function in the SERT.

I THINK we will see more of this technolgy coming out in the future versions of the SERT since one line of HD's already usings the "Bung" technolgy more will be added next year with the EPA crack down.

Being from California I'll bet you are already more than familiar with all of this.

REGARDS.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have a SERT for sale-call me

Well, not me but a customer who has one and is looking for a buyer. Call and ask for Mark he will give you the guy's info. Dyno-Power 419 478 7940 Between 9 am and 5 pm EDT. We are in Ohio. www.dyno-power.com Friday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts