V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my FX into an FL and going away from the forward controls. I'm looking for a complete set, a take off from a Heritage, fatboy up to a 99. Mine is an 87. Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You can get floor boards from police models that bolt right on without mods. If you use Fl boards you'll probably need to weld mounting tabs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have ONE

I only have one schtinkin' floorboard.....Brandy Damn New.....never ever put on anything.........It was for a '00 FLSTC I had....sold the bike without putting this one on.....will sell it for HALF of what HD sells it for.....plus shipping.....Let me know if you're interested....
e-mail.....
[email protected]

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. What I'm wanting to do is change from a FXST to a FLST. If I can find someone that has switched a fatboy or heritage softail over to forward controls I should be able to just bolt everything right up. Sorry for any confusion. I think by doing this I won't have to weld any tabs on but I do need more than just the floorboards.
Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm with you now. I tried doing that a couple years ago but couldn't find anybody to trade with. If you buy all the parts through HD it'll run about $900 if I remember right. Way outta my price range. I remember seeing an after market set up in Drag Specialties for about $400 complete. I looked into those mini adjustable floorboards but they look kinda cheezy.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Curtis629:

I switched a FLSTC from floorboards to extended forward controls about 4 years ago. It is an easy switch either way. Unfortunately, I already sold the take offs I had. One other thing though, you will also have to get the FLST rear brake fluid reservoir and associated stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts