V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
Easy

FLHRMan said:
any ideas on how to get cheap legal sound for 07 road king
Sure, keep it stock. Cheapest and most legal sound I can imagine. Otherwise get the H-D SE pipes. Cheap, and also legal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wild Pigs are both a good sound and a good price in my opinion. But both are relative.
I think I'll go crank mine up right now, just to listen to them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
FLHRMan said:
A lot depends on what you mean by cheap, ive got a nice extra pair of 65259-00a HD touring mufflers with the EPA stamp that would work nicely on your 07.

·
banal
486 Posts
While Wild Pigs do sound great, I don't think they would qualify as legal in most states. Just from my own impression, they're on the louder end of the spectrum, it seems to me.

I think what your looking for is re-cored stock slips from Fullsac Performance. Go to http://www.fullsac.com/.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Air horn comes to mind.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
FLHRMan said:
I had SuperTrapp SE slipons on my '07 Ultra....they were a bit loud for me. I ordered H-D Screamin' Eagle 64985-07A Touring performance from my fave parts gal, Jenni, at Charlie's H-D for 20% off, no tax, cheap shipping. The sound is exactly what I was looking for and, along with my SE/K&N intake and PCIII, somewhat better performance and less heat than stock.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
It depends where you live if it is legal. The best thing might be one that is just over the line, but not extreeme. I can't imagine owning a HD that was acually legal by the noise standards of many places. Take a look at the law where you live. Most stock systems with over 10k are going to be louder than that.

·
Registered
751 Posts
FLHRMan said:
I've gone through several exhaust systems trying to find the right combo (for me) of performance and sound without them being obnoxious to me and those I ride with. I just put on a set of B&E Superflows ($150) which are stock mufflers which are gutted and then fitted with new baffles and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised. They'll bark pretty good when I jump on it but at cruise I don't think they're much louder than stock and this is on a 98" motor.

Rick

·
Registered
173 Posts
CarbideDude said:
While Wild Pigs do sound great, I don't think they would qualify as legal in most states. Just from my own impression, they're on the louder end of the spectrum, it seems to me.

I think what your looking for is re-cored stock slips from Fullsac Performance. Go to http://www.fullsac.com/.
CarbideDude-
What size baffles are you running in the Wild Pigs that you are talking about? Also, what size baffles in the Fulsacs you're refering to? From what I've heard, and I own a pair of the Wild Pigs, they are comparable, and adjustable with selection of baffle size.
:hmmm:
But in the end, the 'legal' part of the equation depends on where you are & who the law is.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
FLHRMan said:
I have a pair of RUSH Slip ons (1.75" baffles) on my '07 FXST. Excellent sound.Won't break the Piggybank either! I have a K&N replacement filter and a Dobeck gas tuner. Good throttle response and definite "seat o' the pants" improvement in acceleration.~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Check out this ebay seller ( bobvic2 ). I use the Max 2s on my 07 FLHRC and like em. $100.00 or $150.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts