V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sweet wife has been bit by the urge to have her own bike. She's a small gal, and doesn't want a big twin. She is looking for a semi-customized rubber-mounted Sporty, something with maybe a bobbed rear fender, solo seat, wider/custom tank, drag bars, you get the picture. Sure, we can build one, but if one exists that is the right flavor out there for sale...............

·
Registered
15 Posts
04 1200 Custom

Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you some pictures of my sportster that is for sale. It has a lot of things that I think you guys will like and it is low miles. I'm going to try and attach some photo's here if I can.
Ben

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TNHARLEY said:
I have a friend who just bought new low rider and has a 2003 1200 custom for sale. If interested let me know and can put you in contact with him. Mike
Thanks for the reply, however she is set on an '04 or newer. If we can't find one she likes, or make the right deal, our local Hog Farm has a nice black one on the floor for $9500.00. Then she can make the mods she wants, which is half the fun anyway.

She is also interested in bnsutton's bike, we are waiting to hear back from him on a few details though.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sledman said:
My Sweet wife has been bit by the urge to have her own bike. She's a small gal, and doesn't want a big twin.
Actually, most of the big twin have lower seat heights and centers of gravity than sporties.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wyodude said:
Actually, most of the big twin have lower seat heights and centers of gravity than sporties.
I agree, and when I mentioned that too her, "you should also look at Dyna low-riders", she said, "I think it's too wide with that big thing sticking out of the side".

She's a wee little thing, 5'1" (barely), and not much over a hundred pounds.

We lowered her KDX220 dirt bike over 3" so she could enjoy it and reach the ground on the technical stuff in our mountains.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies, we have committed to buy bnsutton's Sporty. If anybody has a line on the most efficient method of transporting one of these bikes from Alabama to Idaho, please feel free to respond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts