V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a half helmet that will fit lower on my head to leave the mushroom head look in the past ... want to stay with DOT approved ... recommendations please ...

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,319 Posts
I really don't care about the look. Its all about comfort and function.

And a white lid makes a difference on those roasting hot days.
It's also much easier for people to see than black is. I like high visibility.

joe

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I need to get one with those fancy quick straps. I still go thru the buckles roll back and tuck.

My boy got a nice helmet that unhooked crazy quick.

But I hear your suppose to get new helmets every few years? Or is that a salesman lie?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Had a few different types of helmets. The Pit Boss is an excellent choice. My favorite thing about it is the flip down tinted visor. Not that I use it much of the time but when getting on highway and doing those questionably legal speed runs at +100mph the visor stops all of the wind pressure on your eyes for sure and keeps your glasses from flying off. The helmet offers good protection and is well made. Next favorite helmet is the Sena Cavalry. Smaller, lighter, tunes, intercom, and phone on the go in a smaller bucket style. That's my favorite hot weather choice.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Mine do that. Doesn't bother me.

Sent from here to there.
Well no of course it don't bother me either, I mean I wouldn't tell my son, yours is better.:nono:

Ruin all those years of me mentally beating my explanation into him. He knows me, why fix something that's not broke:duh2:

Besides he also knows I hate it that kids need it SOoooo easy these days

You know, right:lurker:

:laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I know in the cycling industry they say that after 5 years or so the lining in the helmet looses the absorbing ability due to the material drying out.I would still think it's better than hitting your coconut on the ground without one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
Tarzan31
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing