V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Fuel injected Fatboy with stage 1 air box, reflash and Vance and Hines straight shots (baffled).

I am interested in having my stock cylinders bored and going to 95 CI pistons. I also want to go to gear driven cams. I want dependability, power, and low cost.

Any suggestions? and how much scratch is it going to set me back?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If you are patient , you can find good deals out there . Getting your cylinders and heads done instead of buying a set saves a good deal. I got my cams/gear drives and install kit , and Cometic top end gasket kit from HD wrench, a forum sponsor. (GMR performance) he's great to work with , there are a number of them here, contact them and work with them on your build.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
If you are going just 95ci I would recommend having your stock cylinders bored. Alot of people buy new cylinders and could have saved money by just boring out the stock ones. Also, have your own heads worked. They will be better than anything SE offers and cost the same or less depending on what you have done.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
crash1292 said:
lots of used heads on ebay....buy a set and send them in for porting
Same with cylinders, you can get stock ones for about 40- 50 bucks and have them bored and ready to go for your build. Then ebay your old ones.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
You can pull your heads and cylinders in the time it takes you to get them shipped to you.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
We do exchanges on the cylinders and . Heads we are working on getting enough cores, Depending on the time frame I may be able to help you out there. The cylinders can be done up front but for heads only after seeing you heads will we send out a set. CYOA thing if you get my meaning.

But a basic 95 build is cheap, we still offer the 95 kit with gear drive complete on exchange for 1000. Your choice of andrews cams. If you have any more questions please feel free to call

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
Evil-Twin,

If you haven't seen it, here's the link to my recent Dyno
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=747969#post747969

The build is in the signature, it's about as basic as you can get. As most in this forum will tell you, good components at any cost won't mean much without a good tune. Take the time to make some phone calls to the likes of HDWrench or Dewey. They will be happy to talk with you about your needs, and point you in the right direction. Good luck with your build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts