V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently helped a friend build a Harley from the ground up. I am now interested in building one for myself. I have looked into the kit bikes and although some seem to be very good deals for the money, they are a little too radical for me. I am more interested in building or re-building a stock Harley and customizing it as I go. I like the look and stance of the stock ones. Does anyone know of a good source for finding repairables or basketcases that are Evolution era? They all seem to get scoffed up very quickley where I live. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Keep the faith. You may have to go a few hundret miles but check Ebay cycletrader ect. If you take your time you WILL find yourself a ride for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have begun looking but have not yet found anything close enough to consider. It looks like it may take a while. I can afford to wait as I am not bike-less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My interest in building my own Evo-based bike is the exact reason I joined this forum. I am having similar problems in finding suitable basket cases or abandoned projects. I am rethinking the idea of a ground up build because of the difficulty in getting those bikes registered and insured. I am likewise not in a big hurry; I have a bike and need to hang onto my cash during the economic slowdown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts