V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to add 2'' in ht.and pull back atleast the same,kinda short reach i have,so can any one suggest any thing?:gun: :gun:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did mine

I have the same bike. I put higher bars on and had to lengthen all the cables. New clutch, acceleration, and idle cables. I also lengthened the wires on both sides (cut and splice). The front brake line will also need to be replaced.

Under the tank and above the front cylinder you will find a bunch of connectors. Get the manuals, they will tell you how to adjust the stuff you replace.

I spliced wire into the electrical cables and replaced the tubing. a lap splice with shrink over it works well.

-2$en#e-

·
Registered
506 Posts
I purchased longer bolts and used washers to raise the risers 2". I also took the bars off and set them on two pieces of wood. I then hit them with a large maul at the bend closest to the ends until they felt comfortable. They're wider now but very comfy for laying back against the tour bag. If I could do over I'd put some bar stock into the ends before hitting because now there's an extra bend before the original first bend and I can't shorten the bars if I want to.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about

was thinkig of maybe the part# 56556-95 or 56563-95 or maybe the chubby mini apes,really just need a little pull back and rise of maybe 2'',any help is welcomed.:wavey: :wavey:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Have you looked at the 56154-04 Softail Standard bar? Not sure what the measurements are on your 06 Low Rider bar, but these should have a couple inches more height, around 5 inches more pullback and about the same width compared to the 01-05 Low Rider bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts