V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
How does it affect low end torque? I'm sure at higher revs it's awsome. Have you done any cam or head mods? Looks technically awsome btw!

arjay

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arjay said:
How does it affect low end torque? I'm sure at higher revs it's awsome. Have you done any cam or head mods? Looks technically awsome btw!

arjay
It doesnt affect it at all, when your riding around and just cruising, its like a stocker, in fact, Afetr all the tuning, I ended up with the stock jets back in and at WOT the AFR's are at 12.5 . It rides like a stocker, it gets the gas mileage of a stocker, but when you twist the throttle and the gauge goes from the "vacuum" side to the "boost" side, you better hang on, it will spin on a 3rd gear shift at times, I have it down to 7# of boost now and it hauls major butt on Premium fuel. At 15# with race gas, it will smoke te tire in second I'm guessing, I spun hell out of it with Premium :)
Basically, it added tons of "wow" factor and put the bike where it should have been from the factory, prolly 100/100. We will try and get time to the dyno next week for a 7# premium fuel pull (like its ridden daily) and a 12 - 15# race gas tune and pull (just for grins to see)

·
Kilted Werewolf
390 Posts
Nothing sounds quite like a turbo charger whining with the flick of the throttle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitzdog said:
That is really cool !! Is that all custom pieces or is there a kit for it?
I am in the process of beta testing the kit we are going to offer that should be able to be installed in a day or a weekend . Otherwise to answer your question directly, there are no kits for the 883 / 1200 sporty that an average guy can afford, so I made one and am going to offer another route to HP over the traditional send away and wait and then pay mechanic etc etc etc.

On top of all of that, I just think it looks wicked mean and I love riding it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
TexasRoadster said:
I am in the process of beta testing the kit we are going to offer that should be able to be installed in a day or a weekend . Otherwise to answer your question directly, there are no kits for the 883 / 1200 sporty that an average guy can afford, so I made one and am going to offer another route to HP over the traditional send away and wait and then pay mechanic etc etc etc.

On top of all of that, I just think it looks wicked mean and I love riding it.
Boost, the replacement for displacement! keep up the good work, Friday

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Now where is the nitrous switch? Looks awesome btw.

Thorns

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Way Cool Tex.
Perhaps you could get a clip of her in motion under boost and ample throttle?
Great mod work indeed!!!

·
N.R.A.
772 Posts
That is a really nice set up. Dont see that everyday. My Dodge SRT-4 is turbo and it can be scary at times, I can not imagine a turbo bike. Yee-Haw! hang on!...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vettely said:
That is a really nice set up. Dont see that everyday. My Dodge SRT-4 is turbo and it can be scary at times, I can not imagine a turbo bike. Yee-Haw! hang on!...
I was at almost 500 HP and 500+ torque with my SRT-4.
I was the first in the country to break into the 12's with the stock pilots on and ran a 12.45 at 118.5 mph (25# boost, 100 shot of NX and some other homemade goodies). My SRT has probably seen 100 dyno pulls testing and tuning goodies. I also beta tested the PSI PP for 'em. I likes boost:xhere: :cheers:

I also make a very nice rear strut bar for the SRT's, the beefiest on the market and its black wrinkle powdercoated. www.MuddyJEEP.com I make jeep stuff also :)

·
N.R.A.
772 Posts
TexasRoadster said:
I was at almost 500 HP and 500+ torque with my SRT-4.
I was the first in the country to break into the 12's with the stock pilots on and ran a 12.45 at 118.5 mph (25# boost, 100 shot of NX and some other homemade goodies). My SRT has probably seen 100 dyno pulls testing and tuning goodies. I also beta tested the PSI PP for 'em. I likes boost:xhere: :cheers:

I also make a very nice rear strut bar for the SRT's, the beefiest on the market and its black wrinkle powdercoated. www.MuddyJEEP.com I make jeep stuff also :)
Wow I am impressed. You sure know your turbos. I am keeping mine at stage 1 and possibly going to use the stage 2 WGA. I want to keep my warranty and the little beast is my daily driver. Do not want that dreaded part throttle boost. Most fun car I have ever driven.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Vettely said:
Wow I am impressed. You sure know your turbos. I am keeping mine at stage 1 and possibly going to use the stage 2 WGA. I want to keep my warranty and the little beast is my daily driver. Do not want that dreaded part throttle boost. Most fun car I have ever driven.
~!Awesome!
The wife would drive it all week, and when I would go out on friday and saturday nights, I would toss in a bottle of nx and 5 gallons of 112 octane, turn up the boost and the fuel pressure and go have some fun

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rickr01 said:
someone took some time tuning it. It sounded like it was in a near perfect state of tune!
I did it all, we tuned using the PSI PP and I also made my own BOV and 3" down pipe and drag exhaust, 3" intake, larger injectors, S1 ECU, 100 shot of nx, turbochargers.com upgraded turbo housing and compressor wheel, my own modified waste gate and tophat, & solid mounts. The car would eat z06 on the top end and out of the hole with BFG dr's, would shake so hard the wipers would come on :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
TexasRoadster said:
I did it all, we tuned using the PSI PP and I also made my own BOV and 3" down pipe and drag exhaust, 3" intake, larger injectors, S1 ECU, 100 shot of nx, turbochargers.com upgraded turbo housing and compressor wheel, my own modified waste gate and tophat, & solid mounts. The car would eat z06 on the top end and out of the hole with BFG dr's, would shake so hard the wipers would come on :yes:

SWEEEEEEET!!!! :beer:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
TexasRoadster said:
I am in the process of beta testing the kit we are going to offer that should be able to be installed in a day or a weekend ...

Let me know when you have something to offer. I'm interested. :yes:

·
Obsolete Rider
1,728 Posts
Cool XL

Two thumbs up for a great design. I'm impressed.
As the sign says "twist right hand for more fun".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts