V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. Since I have already informed you in my post/thread "NEVER buy Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers. NEVER!" that I am about to buy PIG PIPES, I wish I could hear more about your experience related to these Pig Pipes, i.e. your impression related to the sound, discoloration/blues, the diffrence between the sound with the baffles mounted and the sound with no baffles mounted. Also, I'd like to know if it is difficult to remove the baffels from the mufflers and is it difficult to put the baffles back into the mufflers?

Thank you very much in advance.

Emirharley
[email protected]
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have not run the pigs without the baffles. As far as getting them in and out...piece of cake, Ive had mine in and out many times due to having to repack the right one with fiberglass that keeps burning out. Tried V&H mat, dirt bike mat, body shop mat. Burns them all and starts sounding like crap when it does. Might just be my ride.
Good luck
Ron

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I Ran em for a year, great muffs for the price especially. Good sound and great flow/power, You'll like em. You wil not want to run em without the baffles, way to loud and zero power with em out, I rode with em out for a couple hours one day, just something you won't do again once you try it :D

pelon, Mine sounded way better without the packing, surprised you didn't like em.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys very much for your inputs and suggestion(s).

I understand,AdlerX, that I can run my forthcoming Pig Pipes without packing, having/getting no damages. Correct?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No, I have not seen that post. 70 US$ !? That is just ONE dinner for two persons. It seems that if I order the mufflers, he will ship me the mufflers AND my money back as the present!

Thank you very much for the info, and for taking care.

Emir.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just switched from Pigs to Rolled Thunder

After reading a lot of posts regarding how different people here like the Samson Rolled Thunder, I bought a set and put them on my 2001 Road King Classic. Wild Pigs are louder and deeper , the samsons have a nice growl on acceleration and the bike seems to respond well to the pipes all the way through the RPMS. I have a PCIIIusb and was previously using a map that was written by the seller FUEL MOTO who wrote it for me when I bought the PCIIIusb but switching to the samson i am using dynojets map. I still have popping on decel but I have not had a chance to try it with fuel added in ZTP. The samsons installed easy since the threads are already built in at the end of the pipe. I was curious why the samsons were so light as opposed to the Pigs and:yawn: the Screamin Eagle pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts