V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered a set of Jims roller rockers with shafts among other stuff. Paid custom fees and sales tax (+23.5% on the purchase value) on the total bill. Later I found out that they shipped the cheaper rocker only set but billed me for what I ordered. There was no mention of the incomplete shipment whatsoever until I found out myself. Sent them an e-mail about the missing shipment and they told me that the shafts were temporalily out of stock and they would take care of it. A couple of weeks later the shafts arrived with a bill for custom fees and sales tax attached to it (about $45). I e-mailed them about it and asked how they would handle a refund of the overpaid taxes due to their screw up. Well, in a nutshell they don't do refunds no matter what size their screw up is and they consider a discount on the next order.
If they were a little smarter, they could have sent the replacement parts free of charge like warranty parts or free replacement parts. There is a simple custom/tax form/procedure for this. Needless to say that I am pissed off and that this is the end of the business relationship. Will go through Zanotti's for non HD stuff and so far I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Anyway, wanted to share that with the forum. If somebody is interested I can supply hard evidence.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Just amazing how they new how to ask me to ship the wheel back and sent me the forms to fill in so they would not have to pay duties on the returned goods, also amazing how they give you less than what you paid in "store credit"

I believe it is about time they were investigated my the consumer affairs in the region.

Ozzie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts