V-Twin Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's hard to "fix your own Country" when the US funds rebels to destroy your Government and ruin your economy. We are reaping the seeds we sowed for over 50 years in Central America.
A great reason to pull out of all other countries, stop sending them ANY money or food, and pull out of the UN, close down the building and MOVE the UN OUT of America... If WE are such bad people then leave em all be..... And NO MORE immigration to this HORRIBLE country that everybody hates..
We could pay off the national debt in about 2 months.....

·
not sober all the time
5,235 Posts
The saddest part of this whole discussion is that every one of the people in this conference is the descendant of an immigrant. Throughout the existence of the USA there have been "waves" of immigrants - England, Ireland, Poland, Italy, etc. This wave is from Central America.
And immigrants that come into the country legally are welcome.

Instead of bitching about people coming over the border you should be bitching about why the Government isn't doing anything about the bottleneck in processing immigrants into Citizens so they can become productive members of the USA, and work and pay taxes. No, nothing gets done because they tend to register as Democrats when they become
Citizens, so the Republicans refuse to address the problem. Better to throw them in cages than to give them the possibility to vote against you.
The number of people being allowed to enter the country by way of work visas and those becoming naturalized citizens has increased in the past two years. There is no more bottleneck now than there has ever been. These facts are easily obtained.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
The saddest part of this whole discussion is that every one of the people in this conference is the descendant of an immigrant. Throughout the existence of the USA there have been "waves" of immigrants - England, Ireland, Poland, Italy, etc. This wave is from Central America.
True. The difference is previous immigrants assimilated. They WANTED to be Americans. They had no desire to change this country into the shythole they came from. They didn't take the American flag down and put up the flag of their country of origin.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
True. The difference is previous immigrants assimilated. They WANTED to be Americans. They had no desire to change this country into the shythole they came from. They didn't take the American flag down and put up the flag of their country of origin.

Sent from here to there.
EXACTLY!! And most learned the language.

·
Registered
613 Posts

And lets let em vote too!! Isnt Pocahontas or Crazy Bernie from Vermont??? God help America if this is what is leading us forward....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe most of our government is absolutely corrupt..I think alot of them are in bed with the cartels,human traffickers, drug smugglers and quite a few are pedophiles and pedovores.
Sounds horrible i know..But their never going to stop unless we the people somehow declare our own natl emergency and take appropriate steps.if you know what i mean!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually just the fence I put up has kept the public off my property. It also has helped keep the critters off as well, been a long time since I've seen a possum in my yard.

Our company built a fence around their parking lot with a locking gate at night, and now only employees park on it.

Chicken wire when installed properly has kept out the wild dogs and cats out of the hen house for my neighbor that I get eggs from.

I think fencing and walls can do their jobs for what they are intended for.

The locked door at my local lawn mower & small engine repair dealer where I stopped to get new mower blades stopped me from entering because they were closed, even tho it appeared they were open.
All these are great examples, but immigration is a much more complex issue. It doesn't help anyone to oversimplify it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All these are great examples, but immigration is a much more complex issue. It doesn't help anyone to oversimplify it.
Moreover, if you read any immigration essays and articles, you'd learn that many small to mid-level businesses in the US depend on labor from illegal immigrants because they can exploit them. God forbid they have to pay even minimum wage to these people.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts

Moreover, if you read any immigration essays and articles, you'd learn that many small to mid-level businesses in the US depend on labor from illegal immigrants because they can exploit them. God forbid they have to pay even minimum wage to these people.
Well aren't you special.

If they're being exploited, staying in their home country would solve that problem.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Well aren't you special.

If they're being exploited, staying in their home country would solve that problem.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Maybe Amyrich is on to something? We can all hire illegals to work for us at $1 per hour and never have to mow our own grass again, or wash the car, or the bike, take out the trash......

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Maybe Amyrich is on to something? We can all hire illegals to work for us at $1 per hour and never have to mow our own grass again, or wash the car, or the bike, take out the trash......

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk
What is never discussed is the 60% of hispanics that are on some entitlement program ( Bill O"Reilly) ... The costs are in the billions.... Not including the 33 Billion sent back to mexico last year, lost USA revenue that is supposed to be working in OUR country.. There are NO good answers to this problem........

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
I disagree but the solution may not be acceptable by some.
There is a protestor for anything out there. Name it someone protests. They know what is wrong, but have no idea what it takes to fix whatever they are protesting. I want to know why we borrow 33 billion from China to give it to Mexico. That is probably why Trump backed off China's tariffs. They pulled the donkeys tail.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
First of all I can't believe this thread is still running. Trump has done so much since the wall issue was front and center of his agenda that the press isn't even discussing anymore. And as far as both parties are concerned immigration has taken a back seat to the whole impeachment process.
Looks like they are saying by the end of 2020 there will be 450 miles of new wall. It doesn't appear it will stop anyone but it will make things a bit more difficult for some. A deterrent but far short of a solution.
In the end this appears to have been nothing more than a crux for Trump to wear on the Dems and deflect attention away from other things.

·
Registered
613 Posts
First of all I can't believe this thread is still running. Trump has done so much since the wall issue was front and center of his agenda that the press isn't even discussing anymore. And as far as both parties are concerned immigration has taken a back seat to the whole impeachment process.
Looks like they are saying by the end of 2020 there will be 450 miles of new wall. It doesn't appear it will stop anyone but it will make things a bit more difficult for some. A deterrent but far short of a solution.
In the end this appears to have been nothing more than a crux for Trump to wear on the Dems and deflect attention away from other things.
I am all for moats, crocs, land mines, 50 caliber/20 millimeter automatic weapon towers, and flame throwers

·
Registered
789 Posts
If Washington were serious about illegal immigration it would publicize a bounty program for turn-ins and offer generous rewards for turning in BUSINESSES who hire illegals. If the US were serious about immigration control barrier measures are useful but most illegals enter by other means. The poor come for the jobs the rich give them so the rich don't have to pay US citizens! That should be regarded as economic treason and subversion of US law.
If Washington were serious about illegal immigration it would modify the War On Some Drugs to something that isn't a "war" and instead uses proven measures from countries like Portugal with far less severe problems due to intelligent policies, but Americans make policy based on emotion because they're too lazy to do serious policy homework. The WOSD destroyed multiple economies in the Americas by making cartels rich like booze Prohibition made the Mafia rich. That and resulting cartel violence pressures people to immigrate. I have the bizarre idea the US should concentrate on our own back yard instead of the Middle East and Asia where NeoCons want us, but foreign policy is not an important or widely understood issue among the public. The US helped wreck the Americas south of our border with some amazingly bad foreign policy, not just WOSD. If we don't want to be invaded we need to undo the damage our people caused in the first place and help build stable economies through FAIR trade. Of course US businesses object because they'd rather buy from maquilladora factories and bone BOTH the people they underpay and the Americans they bypass. Unfortunately worker rights isn't a serious issue in the US because we're near full employment and businesses own the media so they can program the simpleton entertainment-worshiping masses so that won't happen.

Fixing the problems the US caused and/or aggravated directly and indirectly south of the border would keep the locals in their own countries while punishing the traitorous employers who hire illegals would remove their incentive to cross our border, but if you follow the money those problems make a lot of Americans a lot of money, including law enforcement bureaucratic empires. If a business cannot support itself by using US workers then the rest of America does not need that business. The owner might but not everyone is guaranteed success.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts