V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see how everyone feels about whether or not Trump's plan to slow down illegal immigration by building a wall will achieve the desired results.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Depends on what you consider to be "desired results". The wall is not the end all, it's just another tool, one more tool, to help prevent the onslaught of illegals getting into the USA.

I say build the wall.

edit in;;;; with guard towers every 1/2 mile or so... armed.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Build the damn wall already. In the meanwhile, send the ones that the court orders released to sanctuary cities, let them deal with it. Then maybe we'll see some action on fixing the problem.

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,568 Posts
Medium density field of bounders with concertina double tangled for about 100 yards deep. Backed by a 10 foot deep trench with high mounted m18's on the north slope. Mount the heads of the dead on pikes as warnings to the others. Build it all on the Mexican side of the border. Clear cut the towns back for 500 yards.

Or a wall, I'm good with either.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Medium density field of bounders with concertina double tangled for about 100 yards deep. Backed by a 10 foot deep trench with high mounted m18's on the north slope. Mount the heads of the dead on pikes as warnings to the others. Build it all on the Mexican side of the border. Clear cut the towns back for 500 yards.

:wootdnc::rah-rah:Therm for president:rah-rah:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Actually just the fence I put up has kept the public off my property. It also has helped keep the critters off as well, been a long time since I've seen a possum in my yard.

Our company built a fence around their parking lot with a locking gate at night, and now only employees park on it.

Chicken wire when installed properly has kept out the wild dogs and cats out of the hen house for my neighbor that I get eggs from.

I think fencing and walls can do their jobs for what they are intended for.

The locked door at my local lawn mower & small engine repair dealer where I stopped to get new mower blades stopped me from entering because they were closed, even tho it appeared they were open.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

I'm all about efficiency. All of that stuff is going to have a significant price tag. Here's an idea...
Station Marines on the border with orders that no one crosses it, period. Station one Marine every 500 yards. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm all about efficiency. All of that stuff is going to have a significant price tag. Here's an idea...
Station Marines on the border with orders that no one crosses it, period. Station one Marine every 500 yards. Problem solved.

I often thought that if word got out down south that they were shooting people caught illegally crossing the border it would soon become a significant deterrent.
The Dems want the $6.3B needed to build the wall to be used to fix the immigration process. The down side of that is, as we all know, 5 years from now congress will have spent $10B and we would be no closer to a legislative solution then we are right now.
My stance is build the wall. Put some hard working Americans to work on fixing the problem. This will at least slow things down from the 100,000/month walking through the "open door" we have now. Then maybe our elected officials can hammer out an immigration process that would be fair to everyone involved.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Build it.

Ship ILLEGALS out.

I don't want to hear about the "dreamers" anymore, they've had years to become legal... bye bye.

I like the idea of stationing armed forces at the boarder, clearly defined first policy that nobody comes across illegally.

Hell, maybe enforce some of our existing laws.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The problem IS our existing laws, and the courts.
Currently, all an illegal has to do is cross the border and surrender to the Border Patrol and seek asylum. The court has ruled that if they are asylum seekers they MUST get a hearing. At the present rate of illegal crossing that will take years, if not decades. So the BP has no choice but to release them into the country.
This needs to be fixed by Congress. Good luck with that!
However, POTUS can legally release them into places that have expressed a desire to have them, ie: Sanctuary cities.
I say good for them. Send them to San Francisco....let Nancy Pelosi deal with them!

·
not sober all the time
5,249 Posts
I would tend to let those actually doing the job have voice in what tools they need to do the job. I've heard several ICE agents voice their opinion on national news.

The debate over the wall is a politically driven propaganda tool to keep the sheep distracted. Seems to be working as planned. ^rolleyez^

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
I would tend to let those actually doing the job have voice in what tools they need to do the job. I've heard several ICE agents voice their opinion on national news.

The debate over the wall is a politically driven propaganda tool to keep the sheep distracted. Seems to be working as planned. ^rolleyez^
Political for sure. The wicked witch of the west came right out and said they would do anything to prevent another Trump victory.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Neither party wants to fix it. The Republicans could have prior to 2018 after Trump was elected. They didn't. The Democrats obviously are not interested in fixing it. All of their talk boils down to unlimited immigration and amnesty for those already here.
If it isn't fixed real soon we will loose the Republic!

1 - 20 of 214 Posts