V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Sturgis for the last few years, <<--These folks -->> show up with an old Indian Scout all painted up like Uncle Sam to ride the wall.
Really cool to watch them, brings back memories when I was a kid and used to go to the State Fair in Colorado to watch them ride the wall.

They don't make much money to cover costs, but they sure put on a a great show. :cool:

Any other fans out there?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, I saw them at the Chief Blackhawk chapter AMCA meet in Davenport, IA a few years back. I think I have a picture of two I'll post if I can find them.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
56flh said:
Yeah, I saw them at the Chief Blackhawk chapter AMCA meet in Davenport, IA a few years back. I think I have a picture of two I'll post if I can find them.
That was an awesome meet. We rode out last summer. I STILL have to get the pictures onto disk and show a few.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not sure if this is the same people. But when i lived in kansas someone like this came to the kansas state fair. Used to love to watch them take dollars from people as they go around at the top.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, there seems to be several of these shows that travel around again.

They all but disapeared from the 70's to mid 90's.

I talked quite awhile with the guy who owns the one that comes to Sturgis.
It is all about a labor of love for him to bring back to life a part of history that many of us recall from our youth.
He stumbled across an old wall that had not ran for years and he re-built it from the ground up and started touring with it.
He said it was a struggle to make enough to keep going, but there are good days that help.
I highly recommend to go see them ride the wall to anyone who never has. :cool:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Did'nt Elvis do it in, I think, "Roundabout"?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I see the Hell Riders every year at the Bloomsburg Fair in PA. I call it the best $4 you can spend at the fair. What a good time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Used ta LOVE the roar of the machines when they'd come around, and to a kid it was like they were either better or crazier than most men...

Prob'ly a little of both :D

I'm gonna check back to the website and see where I can catch him this year - it'd be worth the ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts