V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have any place to store the detachable tour pacs for the EG Classic and the Heritage so I made some hangers to put them on the wall of the garage.

Hangers right after I got them made:

Hangers on the wall with the tour pacs:

Regards,

Bill

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...good deal! Got plans (drawing/dimensions) for them?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
billnourse said:
Didn't have any place to store the detachable tour pacs for the EG Classic and the Heritage so I made some hangers to put them on the wall of the garage.

Regards,

Bill

Nice work Bill!

I see a new cottage industry. ;)

I'd be you could see them all day long on ebay. :yes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
billnourse said:
great work bill!! what are you using for the attachment points?? I've considered making some myself, just haven't gotten the motivation up yet. maybe now that riding season is slowing down...

wyodude said:
Nice work Bill!

I see a new cottage industry.

I'd be you could see them all day long on ebay.
he could give this guy a run for his money - a little compentition could be good:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4590367731&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4590367892&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
nt30 said:
Nice looking mounts. I found a company online that makes them for both the windshield and tourpacks for dressers. www.eglidegoodies.com
I bought one of these for my king tourpack.....it is a great product. Then i bought a chopped tourpark and needed another, so i made it to the same specs and it came out great. I had it powdercoated and i love it. It can be one of those winter weekend projects.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could you give us the measurements/plans for us DIY? Looks good.
Thanks.

billnourse said:

Regards,

Bill

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
heres one of mine......sorry dont have picks of the part up close, and with no bag on it...I will try to get it and post them...

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Nice work. You must have some nerve though. Don't know if I would have the nerve to hang them on wall. I got to do something. Cover doesn't fit over tourpak. Probably put in spare bedroom, I am single. Are those those two thigns related?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't been around for a while, but here are the deminsions for the hangers.

I used 1 1/4" angle for the side rails with a piece of 1 1/4" strap welded between the top and bottom.

I made the side rails 9 1/2" high, and there is 9 1/4" between the side rails.

The distance between the pins is 4 5/8". I used 5/16" bolts covered with rubber gas line for the pins.

I mounted to the wall at 6 locations to insure that it was solid. The top and bottom middle holes were anchored into the wall at a stud using 1/4'' lag bolts that were 3" long. In the holes on the ends, top and bottom, I used 1/4'' drywall bolts that have the butterfly thing on the inside of the wall. It is a very solid, and I feel comfortable with the stength of the mount.

Regards,

Bill

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Thanks Bill!!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Love this V-Twin site

Bill
Thats a great idea...This is why I enjoy surfing this site. You see all kinds of cool things to dabble with. I am making a trip to Home Depot tomorrow and pick up some angle. Hope to have my windshield and detachable back rest hanging in the garage by this weekend :thanks: :thanks:

Lane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts