V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a full after market exhaust system, and a stage 1 intake upgrade, on a brand new SuperGlide, followed by whatever MAP/ECM tweaking, flashing or burning is going to be necessary.

Should I wait until the machine gets it's first service at 1000 miles or can it be done anytime before that?

Thank you

·
Enjoying a great Ride.
807 Posts
I think you better pick another Avatar, that one is taken by Ahar. By the way you could do that up grade anytime, you could have done it when you bought the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you better pick another Avatar, that one is taken by Ahar. By the way you could do that up grade anytime, you could have done it when you bought the bike.
Opps.....changing the avatar ASAP.....

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
i just checked the owners manual for this forum. specifically states (page 42, last
paragraph) it's not the size of the avatar that counts..it's how you use it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
When I bought my 2011 Street Bob (now traded for the RG) I upgraded the pipes (actually just upgraded to slip ons) and the AC at purchase. Bought the tuner at purchase, but waited until 1000 to do a dyno tune. My bike ran great with the new muffs and AC until 1000 miles, so I got to enjoy some power enhancement right off the bat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would just run it by your local dealer to see what they say on how it may effect your warranty. Just need to make sure they won't give you a hard time if you need warranty work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you plan on getting a new exhaust there's no reason to do anything until that is installed, right? But I assume you'll be doing all this stuff at the same time.
Some folks wait until the bike has some miles on it. Some folks do it right away, before the first service. If you do it before the first service and before you have any miles on the bike you're not going to know if any of it made a performance difference. If you wait you should be able to feel/see the difference in performance if there was indeed a change in performance. Sometimes the difference is negligable to the point of be hardly noticeable. The reason being is that many exhaust manufacturer's exhaust are pretuned. That you'll have to check with the manufacturer about. If you're getting a pretuned exhaust, I'd ride 'em awhile before I'd do the stage I/mapping/etc. You just might not need it but it's a damn good HD gimmick isn't it.

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,275 Posts
personally, if you can deal w/ the whisper quiet exhaust, I'd wait until 1k miles. BTW, I didn't, but at 1k I'm gonna have the techs double check the map/flash program.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts