V-Twin Forum banner

Vulcan engineering / motorway 93” PanHead low oil pressure when hot

3K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  Hoges 
Hi all,
Ive have an issue with this engine getting noisy top end and at lifters once hot .
The oil pressure from cold is 20psi ( which seems low as it should be nearer 40psi ) but drops to zero unless revved hard once hot. It’s a new engine max 100 miles on it .
( 20 miles or after being warmed up for 15 mins then ridden 5 miles.
These engines have evo crank and external oil feeds to the STD heads. Lifter are like evo ones ( hydraulic)
oil filter is on a fitting which replaces the generator. ( checked filter isn’t the wrong type) and return to oil tank which seems good when running.
I’ve had the pump off and refitted , checked screen filter in case and even stretched the pressure spring after checking piston . Blew air ( manually ) up external feeds to head and heard it in rockers..

Any ideas or best of all a reason which I can fix.
Vulcan Engineering are impossible to get an answer from

Cheers all
CCS John - Scotland
I don't know how far you want to pursue this but I believe (not sure) that Retrocycle used to supply engines to Vulcan Engineering.
Maybe call (not e-mail) them? E-mails go unanswered from most small companies here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.