V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught it last night on SpeedTV and it actually didn't suck like Speed's other MC shows. It wasn't nearly as "Infomercial" as Corbin's Ride On and American Thunder. There was some vintage footage of 70's customs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Caught it, too.

The piece on the Baker company was pretty cool. And here I always thought the 5-speed in a 4-speed case was top drawer.

I wish I could be such an entrepreneur. I bet they still laugh all the way to the bank.

Like the earlier posts about this show, I would rather see more stuff like Baker and such, then 100k+ choppers. It would be great if they could do a piece on the beginnings of Paughco.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I must say I enjoyed it as well. The piece on Baker was really well done. The guy takes his savings, mortgages his house, borrowed cash and takes a chance. Nothing ventured nothing gained. A true entrepreneur. Now employs 40 people.

Good start for V-twin TV.

·
Registered
453 Posts
azrider said:
I must say I enjoyed it as well. The piece on Baker was really well done. The guy takes his savings, mortgages his house, borrowed cash and takes a chance. Nothing ventured nothing gained. A true entrepreneur. Now employs 40 people.

Good start for V-twin TV.

I agree, well said. I look forward to seeing more shows.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I liked the bit on baker trans, Michigan guy, and the old chopper peice. They showed how they didn't put front brakes on the choppers back then and showed Ron Finch talking about how the bikes wouldn't stop very well and that stopping is good. good timing cold weather is here and might as well watch something related to bikes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I liked it. The Baker piece was very well done. Over all, I think it's something that appeals more to bikers, rather than John Q., in general. I hope it flys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts