V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have done business with George Douglas, the VTF Amsoil sponsor, for over a year now. Excellent service and very knowledgable about his product. Very satisfied with Amsoil and with Georges assistance. Give him a try.........

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for all the help and kind words. For those of you not doing business with me yet, I will repeat my offer for forum members.

I ship freight free right to your doorstep on all retail orders over $50.00 and if you live outside of Florida, you pay no sales tax. I offer free Amsoil preferred customer memberships, (this is where you get dealer prices through your membership account) if your Amsoil purchases justify lower pricing. Call or e-mail me for more details and if you have any questions.

I personally ride a 2001 road king and have used Amsoil in all my bikes for 20 plus years, so I have the experience with the lubricants to back up any claims that Amsoil or myself make concerning your bike.

George Douglas
Amsoil Distributor
Forum Sponsor
[email protected]
www.oilhelp.com
1-800-887-6698

·
Registered
56 Posts
George,

In 1980, I bought a new Corvette and at about 9000 miles, I started using Amsoil in the crankcase. Did so until I sold it at @50,000 miles. At about 30,000 miles I took car to dealer because of rough running engine...diagnosis was front lobe of camshaft worn almost round. Just after I sold it I found out that one cylinder of the engine had to have the rings replaced. I never abused this car.

Since then I have steered away from synthetics. Can you enlighten me?

Check Six

Donger

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
It is real simple logic. No oil is smart enough to attack or not protect one area of the motor and then protect all the other parts. A soft cam can though, which has happened off and on ever since they started making them. Since 1992 all Corvettes come factory filled with synthetic, so I think your fears are unfounded. Amsoil has been making synthetic oil since roughly 1970 and in 1972 was the first synthetic to get the API rating. All oils no matter what their base is, if they meet this minimum rating, will not ruin Cams and the like. The reason your piston rings suffered damage was most likely a snowball affect from the flat cam lobe. Hope this helps you understand a little better. It looks like Harley is going to factory fill some of their bikes with synthetic oil in 2004.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for your reply George, I have been gone for a week and am just checking email and forum, what you said makes sense.

donger

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years from your V-Twin Forum Amsoil sponsor. In keeping with the tradition of the holiday spirit, I am offering forum members a FREE Amsoil preferred customer membership. This is a $10.00 value plus the savings on the Amsoil products you will be able to buy at dealer prices instead of at retail. Call or e-mail me with your name, address, and telephone number so I can register you for the membership. This offer is only good through the holidays.

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
As your forum Amsoil sponsor I am offering FREE Amsoil preferred customer memberships during the early spring oil change season. I did this same promotion over the Christmas holiday season and many of you took advantage of this and saved on your Amsoil purchases. This is a $10.00 value plus the discount on the Amsoil products. You will be able to buy at dealer prices instead of at retail. Call or e-mail me with your name, address, and telephone number so I can register you for the membership. This offer is good through April 15th our favorite deadline. Again thanks for your past and future business.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got off phone with George. Great person and got the free membership. I got the oil and filter a lot cheaper than I can get locally. I have used Amsoil for about 5 years in other bikes and have no problems. Look to do business with George again.

Great to have a sponsor like George. :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks George!

I've had a couple interactions with George. Great guy and he sponsors this board to boot! I've started getting all my oil from George for my new FLHTCI '04 and my 2 GMC vehicles. First I'm changing the engine oils in the GMC's (cause they are due) then in the scoot...

I have found George to be a down to earth, concerned motorcyclist. He's serious about helping and taking care of his customers...this website should show that much...

Thanks, George and other sponsors!

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
george douglas said:
As your forum Amsoil sponsor I am offering FREE Amsoil preferred customer memberships during the early spring oil change season. I did this same promotion over the Christmas holiday season and many of you took advantage of this and saved on your Amsoil purchases. This is a $10.00 value plus the discount on the Amsoil products. You will be able to buy at dealer prices instead of at retail. Call or e-mail me with your name, address, and telephone number so I can register you for the membership. This offer is good through April 15th our favorite deadline. Again thanks for your past and future business.

I am again offering this special through labor day so give me a call or e-mail me for your free membership and wholesale pricing. I now have many of you forum members taking advantage of my offer and services and I really appreciate it.

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
As your forum Amsoil sponsor I am offering FREE Amsoil preferred customer memberships during the Thanks giving and Chriostmas season just in tiem for that fresh oil change before winter storage. This is a $10.00 value plus the discount on the Amsoil products versus paying retail prices. Call or e-mail me with your name, address, and telephone number so I can register you for the membership. This offer is good through the end of the year. Again thanks for your past and future business.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks George!

I received my order delivered to my doorstep on time and at the great price we discussed! :) Last week, I went down to Quaid Harley Davidson in Temecula, CA for my 1000 mile service and handed the service manager some Amsoil 20W50 for the engine and primary and some Amsoil 70W90 for the tranny. He serviced the bike and was very cooperative. Not only did I save some money but I've got the best synthetic oil in my new ride. Thanks again George! :D :D :D

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
Guys, I just read the administrators state of the forum message and it wasn't pretty. Hopefully this great site doesn't fall victim to the law of economics. DP needs more sponsors and even donations to keep this site on line. I would be willing to increase my monthly advertising fees to help, especially if more of you that choose to use Amsoil would buy through me instead of going on line or buying through that local dealer. I get many e-mails from forum members telling me how great the oil is and then they tell me who they bought through. Well this doesn't help the site one bit and my prices to you no matter where you are nationwide is equal to or better than you can get on line or from that local dealer. Keep in mind that only when you buy through me does this site benefit economically. Also when buying through me the oil is sent to you from our closest warehouse so the shipping and handling is all the same no matter if you bought on line or from that local dealer.

I want to thank all of you that have bought through me in the past and wish all forum members a Merry Christmas and a happy new years.

·
Seasoned Rider
308 Posts
George,
I'll do my part! Just sent you an e-mail! I need to service 2 bikes over New Years Weekend. Gotta start the New Year Fresh!
Thanks for your sponsorship! If we all work together we can keep the site up and running.
If all of the members would support the Sponsors, they get good products at good prices, and we can keep paying for the ad space to keep this site up and running, without breaking DP!
Thanks my friend!
Dale Goodwin

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
George Douglas

Just wanted to say that I have placed two Amsoil orders, one for the Harleys and the other for the cars, through George Douglas and have been very satisfied. I chose to pick-up the items at the local Amsoil distribution facility to save the freight and the orders were there as promised and at the same pricing I would have received anywhere else. The only exception to the pricing is, through George, I don’t have to buy an Amsoil membership (saved another $20 on that). Lets also not forget ….. no sales tax. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts