V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rode the new v-rod yesterday it was ok ride it has a little power and rides ok but i dont see how some one buys one with out riding it .I think there is going to be a lot of disappointed people out there . So it has 5.6 ground clearance its 9" long and weights 615 pounds. riding it is almost like the lowrider you sit down in it the bags and windsheild has to go but it will be something for the people to work on like the V65

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sat on a VRod at the local HD show here in Nagasaki and I kept thinking "Man this is tiny". The 883R sitting next to it felt a lot better to me. Of course, at 6'5", everything seems small. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not when you already have something with power!!!
it's like sitting on a crotch rocket the fake tank is right there in your lap and you reach out for the bars it was smooth ride but all the new H-D are a smooth ride now.Cheap Cheap pegs on it to if it doesn't vibrate then why the rubber pegs? why not some nice ones. out the door with baggs and windshield i think he said 18,500.00

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buellbomb said:
Never rode a V65.
I did ride a vrod.
just because we ride a harley doesn't mean we can't try new things i get a kick out of riding my friends crotch rockets(NOW some of these things are fast hahahah) and the *** crusiers but i will always love that vibration that the ol harley gives me.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
HotrodLowrider said:
Buellbomb said:
Never rode a V65.
I did ride a vrod.
just because we ride a harley doesn't mean we can't try new things i get a kick out of riding my friends crotch rockets]

I agree with ya' Hotrod. ALL bikes are cool. I've ridden the V-Rod (on a 15 mile demo ride in Sturgis), too. I LOVED it. And my regular ride is now a 2000 FLHTC. Dresser/V-Rod? How is this possible? Well, if you love motorcycles, you can love more than one type of motorcycle. And I enjoy riding my son's "rocket" bike on occasion, too!!! As for the V-Rod, I hope H/D puts that GREAT engine in a dresser-like set-up some day. Rise safe and far. Let's roll.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brute Horsepower

I work at a HD dealership and Rode our VRod right after riding a Buell X-1.

The Vrod is easy to ride and it does make a decent amount of power in a very civilized way. The Buell is uncomfortable but makes a brutal amount of power and a lot of it right now!!!

We added the Screaming Eagle exhaust and that made a world of difference for the sound.
I am sure the coming years will bring other V Rod models like the VRod Dresser.
It is an exciting time for Harley Davidson with new products on the horizon.

SeattleMike

·
Registered
131 Posts
HotrodLowrider said:
Buellbomb said:
Never rode a V65.
I did ride a vrod.
just because we ride a harley doesn't mean we can't try new things i get a kick out of riding my friends crotch rockets(NOW some of these things are fast hahahah) and the *** crusiers but i will always love that vibration that the ol harley gives me.
I didn't say I never rode any *** bikes, just that i never rode a V65. I've ridden all kinds of different bikes-liked them all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey buellbomb
didn't mean to say it that away i guess !!
saying we need to ride them all. Go down and ride the vtx honda.
Because the vtx came out first. I rode it way before the v_rod. I was not that impressed with Harley for that ride. just that the Harley i'm use to is not going to be the Harley my son will be use to huh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts